For this post, I have put together a collection of the best bed guards for toddlers and children. Also check out our comprehensive buying guide to children’s beds here.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for toddler bed guards.
MY TOP PICK:
My top pick is the Venture QFix Bed Guard as it looks modern and has a push-button hinge so guard folds down for easy access. Highly recommended by customers.
A bed guard can help to stop your toddler or child from falling out of bed at night. It will help your child to feel more secure in their bed if they’ve only recently transitioned from a cot and help to give you peace of mind.
Bed guards come in plenty of different shapes, styles and sizes and most are suitable to use from when your child is 18 months up until they are 5 years old.
We’ve put together our top picks of the best bed guards, all of which have excellent customer reviews with a majority of 4-5 star ratings.
Parents will also find our guide to Children’s Beds super useful.
So here is my list of the the best bed guards for toddlers and children.
Best Toddler Bed Guard
Summer Infant Grow with Me Single Bed Rail
- A classic cloth and mesh bed guard.
- It also includes a fold-down feature for easy access.
- This bedrail fits universal beds, such as divan and slatted, and can therefore be easily transported for overnight stays and holidays.
- Available in pink/ white/ grey.
- Customers rate its value for money.
- Size 90cm x 2cm x 51cm.
- Parents love this bed guard – 88% of 1,219 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Dreambaby Phoenix Bed Rail
- This bed guard is suitable for divan and slat beds and fits up to a king size mattress.
- It has an extra wide 110cm width and extra tall 45.5cm height.
- Easy and quick to assemble.
- It has a convenient fold down side which is ideal for story time, bed making and child getting in and out of bed.
- Made of breathable mesh.
- It has a removable and washable cover.
- Travel bag included for overnight stays.
- Size 45cm x 41cm x 9cm.
- Parents love this bed guard – 86% of 913 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Safetots Extra Wide Bed Rail White
- This mesh bed guard can cleverly fold down so you can easily put your child in and out of bed.
- The bed rail comes in its own carry bag so you can easily fold away for storage or take it with you when travelling.
- Extra wide bed rail will keep child safely in bed whilst sleeping and ensure that they do not fall out.
- Size 40cm x 142cm x 50cm.
- Can be used in pairs if bed is free standing with no wall as a barrier.
- Parents love this bed guard – 90% of 385 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Venture QFix Bed Guard
- This safety rail features a durable steel frame and breathable mesh cover.
- The safety straps eliminate gaps between the bed rail and mattress providing excellent security.
- The push-button folding hinge allows kids to climb in and out of bed easily.
- Neutral white and grey to work with any decor.
- Size 42cm x 99cm.
- Parents love this bed guard – 91% of 1,309 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Best Portable Bed Guard
Safety 1st Portable Bed Rail, Pink
- A portable bed guard which will work across a variety of beds.
- This bed rail can be used in conjunction with standard and slatted beds.
- This bed rail has an ultra-compact fold so it’s easy to carry, making it ideal for travel and for storage.
- Easy to transport thanks to its 66 cm length folded.
- Suitable for children from 18 months to 5 years.
- Size 106 (l) x 37 (w) x 42.5 (h) cm.
- Available in blue/ dark grey/ pink.
- Parents rate this bed guard – 84% of 14,896 buyers gave it 4-5 stars. on Amazon.
Best Wooden Bed Guard
BabyDan Wooden Bed Guard (White)
- Stylish wooden bed guard rail made from furniture grade wood.
- Nice quality.
- Available in white.
- It attaches to bed easily and customers rate the simplicity of installation.
- Suitable for children over 18 months- 5 years.
- Size 90 x 45 cm (height x Width) Depth of frame 2.5cm.
- Parents love this bed guard – 91% of 263 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Best Bed Guard Rail
IKEA VIKARE – Guard rail
- A basic wooden rail which fixes to the side of the bed. Not suitable for divans.
- Good value for money.
- A good option if you want a subtle and simplistic look.
- Fits beds and cots with straight 18-25 mm thick bed rails or cot sides.
- Size L90 x W8 x H4cm.
- Parents love this bed guard – 77% of 634 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Best Bumper Bed Guard
Banbaloo- Rail Bed Bumper for Toddler
- A softer alternative to a traditional bed guard.
- Just as effective as traditional bed guards but works as a soft bumper.
- The protector is very practical and handy for travelling so your little one can sleep securely at friends’ or families’ houses and in hotels.
- It is really easy to install. Just take it out of the bag and place it between the fitted sheet and mattress.
- It is made of high quality polyurethane foam, free of any toxic or harmful element.
- The cover is water-resistant and provides extra protection for any unexpected accidents.
- Recommended for +2 years.
- Parents love this bed guard – 89% of 1,626 buyers gave it 4-5 stars. on Amazon.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
Are Bed Guards Safe For Toddlers?
Always check that the bed guard you buy complies with UK Safety Standards.
There should be no gaps between the bed guard and the mattress as gaps could mean you child could get trapped in-between.
A bed guard is going to make the transition between cot and bed easier and there will be less risk of your child falling out of bed with a bed guard in place.
What To Consider When Buying A Toddler Bed Guard?
Type Of Bed
Some bed guards won’t work with certain types of beds. Make sure you check before you buy, as one which works with a divan bed may not work with a slatted bed.
Size Of Bed
Take into consideration the size of the bed you will be using the bed guard on. Make sure the bed guard won’t be too short or too long for the bed.
Height Of Bed Guard
The height of the bed guard is important as if you have a thick mattress you may need one that’s higher so that it’s tall enough to stop a toddler rolling out of bed.
I hope this list of the best bed guards was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Kids Beds Guides
Children’s Bedroom Furniture
Baby Products – Buyer Guides
Sleeping & Nursery
- Moses Basket
- Baby Blanket
- Nursery Curtains
- White Noise Machine
- Baby Sleeping Bag
- Cots & Cot Beds
- Bedside Cribs
- Cot Mobile
- Baby Monitor
- Baby Sleepsuit
- Nursery Furniture Sets
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Baby Highchair
- Nursing Bras
- Sleep Bras
- Bottle Warmer
- Baby Bottle
- Baby Bibs
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pumps
- Nursing chair
Toiletries & Nappy Changing
- Travel stroller
- Baby car mirror
- Baby travel cots
- Double Buggies
- Buggy Boards
- Baby Carrier
- Baby Sling
- Changing Bag
- Baby Carrier
- Best Baby Travel Gear
- Baby reins
- Travel Cot Mattress
- Travel highchair