Traipsing around IKEA with the kids in tow, may not be everyone’s idea of a fun family day out, but its stores are putting on a number of free summer activities for kids throughout the summer. You might need a free ‘Ikea Family’ card to get involved in some activities, but you can sign up for a temporary paper card in store (or online) if you don’t already have one >JOIN IKEA FAMILY
Activities vary by location, but fun, free activities we found include:
- Nottingham – free treasure hunt, outdoor play area, fun crafts throughout August.
- Milton Keynes – free face painting, Mon & Tue throughout August.
- Southampton – free treasure hunt, play area, arts and crafts weekdays until Fri 2 Sep.
- Manchester – free play area, treasure hunt (Mon/Tue), food activity (Tue/Wed), textile activity (Thu) and craft activity (Fri) all from 12pm-4pm.
- Edinburgh – free play area, free ‘Make Mess Matter’ activity Fri 19 Aug.
- Birmingham – free face painting, arts and crafts, treasure hunt, balloon modeller, treasure hunt, magician weekdays (face painting only at weekends) from 11am-4pm until Sun 4 Sep.
Even if your store doesn’t list activities online (or if they’ve not been updated), it’s worth giving them a ring to ask whether they’ve at least got a creche or play area if you’ve something to buy from Ikea anyway.
If you’re going to Ikea in the week…
You’ll also nab a free cuppa on weekdays with the ‘Ikea Family’ card, so it’s not just the kids who benefit!