For this post, I have put together a collection of the best baby weighing scales currently available. For more newborn essentials see my baby checklist buying guide.
So here is my list of the the best baby scales.
Chicco Baby Comfort Digital Electronic Scale
- #1 Bestselling baby scales with outstanding reviews.
- 77% of parents give this 5 stars.
- From 2,720 ratings this scores 4.5 out of 5.
- Parents love these easy to use, accurate sclaes.
- Weighs from 30g to 20kg.
- Large LCD Display.
- Excellent shape for baby.
- Item weight: 1.5kg.
Beurer BY80 Baby Scale
- Very good parent reviews.
- 70% give this 5 stars.
- From 546 purchases it scores 4.4 out of 5.
- 20kg load capacity.
- Large LCD display.
- Useful hold function for wriggling babies.
- Curved weighing surface and rubber feet to keep baby secure.
- Item Weight: 1.8kg.
MOMMED Baby Scale
- Very positive parent reviews.
- 73% of parents give this 5 stars.
- From 1,351 purchases this scores 4.5 out of 5.
- Very sensitive with 4 detection points.
- Multi-function scale can be used not just for baby but for infants, children, adults and even pets!
- Can also be used for baby’s height.
- Parent feedback includes good quality, high accuracy and easy to use.
Meilen Baby Scale
- Excellent parent feedback.
- 70% award this 5 stars, average 4.3 out of 5.
- Very high accuracy.
- Can also be used for adults and pets.
- Measures weight and growth.
- Parents love its accuracy, simplicity to use and also how it looks.
- Large LCD display.
Aqua Scale V3 Next Generation Digital Baby Bath
- 3-in-1 digital baby bath. ergonomic tub, thermometer and scales.
- Digital scales calculate baby’s weight – with or without water.
- Continuously measures water temperature and display on led screen.
- Two bathing positions for newborns and toddlers.
- This is a new product launched in October 2020 but their previous model had exceptional reviews. See my guide to the best baby bath tubs.
Best Smart Baby Scales
Motorola Smart Nursery Baby and Me Digital Scale
- Excellent reviews. 82% of parents gave this 5 stars.
- Measure the weight of mother and baby up to 330lbs.
- Stores data to track daily, weekly or monthly trends.
- Helps track baby development.
- Bluetooth connectivity to be used in conjunction Hubble App.
AGU Wally Smart Baby Weight Scale
- Measures both the baby’s weight and height.
- Excellent parent reviews – 82% give this 5 stars.
- Bluetooth and App allows you to build the graph of your baby’s weight and height change and compare it to the WHO recommendation.
- Keep a colorful diary with photos to remind you about the happy moments of the growth.
- Swiss quality design.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
How Often Should You Weigh Your Baby?
Steady weight gain is one of the key signs that your baby is feeding well and is healthy.
The NHS advise that after the first two weeks your baby should be weighed:
- no more than once a month up to 6 months of age
- no more than once every 2 months from 6 to 12 months of age
- no more than once every 3 months over the age of 1
When Should I Weigh My Baby?
If you are weighing your baby at home you should take into account feeding times.
Ideally you should try and weigh your baby at the same time each day – either before or just after a feed.
This consistency of timing will help you build a more accurate picture of their growth,
If you are weighing your baby on your own, a good time is often around bath time – this also means you’ll be weighing them without a nappy (full or otherwise) affecting the accuracy of the measurements.
Important Considerations When Buying Baby Scales
Wherever you place your baby scales, be it on a counter top, table or on the floor, you should choose a set of scales that has a good grip mechanism.
This is usually in the form of rubber gripping pads on the base.
Even if you are on the floor these help stop the scales moving around with a squirming little one.
Easy To Clean
Try and go for a scale that his little intricate parts that will make wiping down with a wet cloth difficult to access.
All the digital scales we have covered are battery operated. And for good reason.
You don’t want to be messing around with cords, particularly if you find yourself weighing your baby in different locations. It’s also something that the baby is likely to reach for!
This is a key function. This enables you to set the scales to ignore the weight of certain objects like a baby toy, nappy or even clothes.
The tare button helps enable you to get a truly accurate measurement of your baby’s weight.
Size of Display
Always look out for baby scales with large, bright LCD displays.
After getting your baby on the scales and stable enough to get an accurate reading. the last thing you want is a hard to read display.
By no means essential to the core function of weighing your baby, some of the features that a smart set of scales may be appealing.
These come with apps that can automatically keep track of your baby weights over time. Some parents like this more in-depth tracking of baby development.
You can find very accurate scales that can also measure the weight of toddlers, older children, adults and your pets!
These usually come with an add on than converts more regular scales into one that will comfortably hold your baby.
You can also choose a baby scale that will measure height as well.
Another type of baby scales is one that is also a baby bath tub.
If you’re going to be moving your baby scales around the house do make sure you check the unit weight.
I hope this list of the best baby scales was helpful.
Did you use a baby scale?
Would you recommend a particular make and model?
We’d love to hear about your experiences.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.