For this post, I have put together a collection of the best maternity pads currently available. For all my recommended maternity product guides, with top picks see our maternity clothes guides and for my recommended baby product guides, with top picks, see our list of baby things to buy.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for maternity pads.
MY TOP PICK:
My top pick are the Natracare New Mother Natural Maternity Pads as they are made of natural materials so are therefore biodegradable and environmentally friendly. They are also soft and gentle on sensitive skin.
Whether you are have a vaginal birth or C-section you will experience some heavy bleeding after giving birth, therefore a good supply of maternity pads or towels are essential for your hospital bag.
We’ve put together our top picks of the best maternity pads on the market, which all have excellent customer reviews.
Mums-to-be or new parents will also find our guide to the Top 100 Baby Products super useful.
So here is my list of the the best maternity pads.
Best Maternity Pads
Lil-Lets Maternity Ultra Pads
- These pads are ideal for use when post-natal bleeding becomes lighter, typically 3+ weeks after birth.
- They are long and wide for protection against leaks.
- Unlike most other maternity pads, these pads feature wings for added security.
- They are fragrance-free and each pad is individually folded and wrapped for discretion and easy disposal.
- The super-soft cover is kind on sensitive skin.
- Pack of 3- Each pack contains 12 maternity pads.
- Women recommend these maternity pads – 90% of 413 buyers gave it 4/5 stars or more..
Abena Premium Maternity Pads
- These pads are dermatologically tested and have a fully breathable waterproof textile back sheet to minimise irritation to the skin.
- They are quite large and shaped to fit, with highly absorbent core, to prevent any leakages.
- Eco-friendly! Accredited with the Nordic Eco-Label and FSC Certified Fluff – more trees are planted than felled.
- Pack of 14 pads.
- Women recommend these maternity pads – 90% of 4,469 buyers gave it 4/5 stars or more..
Natracare New Mother Natural Maternity Pads
- Very soft and absorbent maternity pads which are ideal for packing in your hospital bag.
- Extra-long and comfortably padded for secure protection for the natural blood loss experienced after giving birth.
- Certified organic 100% cotton cover allows your skin to breath.
- The maternity pads and the packaging are 100% plastic-free, biodegradable and compostable so environmentally friendly.
- Pack of 3- Each pack contains 10 pads.
- Women recommend these maternity pads – 94% of 221 buyers gave it 4/5 stars or more..
Organyc Organic Cotton Maternity Pads
- 100% organic cotton maternity pads which absorb a heavy flow after you give birth.
- They encourage healing and reduce the risk of infection.
- They are quite expensive but are kind to your skin and environmentally friendly.
- Pack of 2- Each pack contains 12 pads.
- Women recommend these maternity pads – 73% of 36 buyers gave it 4/5 stars or more..
Bella Mamma Hygienic Underpads with Foil
- Highly absorbent maternity pads which are ideal for women during the period of labour.
- The wide absorbent core will ensure effective protection even in a lying position.
- The soft cover does not cause skin irritation and provides a feeling of maximum comfort.
- They are dermatologically tested.
- Women like these pads but some question why they don’t have an adhesive strip to keep them in place.
- Women recommend these maternity pads – 78% of 70 buyers gave it 4/5 stars or more..
Boots Maternity Pads
- 10 pack of soft and absorbent, thick pads.
- With a contoured absorbent core.
- Soft and cushioned for comfort and protection.
- For use before and after giving birth.
- Women recommend these maternity pads with 4.2/5 star ratings based on 125 reviews.
Things To Consider When Buying Maternity Pads
Why do I need maternity pads after giving birth?
After giving birth it’s common to experience vaginal bleeding and discharge, even if you have had a C-section. This is known as lochia and it is your body’s way of getting rid of any additional blood and tissue from pregnancy.
How many maternity pads will I need after giving birth?
Maternity pads are an essential item for your hospital bag and it is recommended you pack at least two or three packs of maternity pads/ towels in your hospital bag and then some more for when you get home.
How often will I need to change maternity pads?
You may need to change your pad every hour after giving birth and then as the bleeding slows down you will probably need to change pad every three hours or four hours.
How long do you bleed for after giving birth?
Most women will stop bleeding between four and six weeks after giving birth. Some women may bleed for less time or more time than this.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
I hope this list of the best maternity pads was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Maternity Clothing Buying Guide
Baby Products – Buyer Guides
Sleeping & Nursery
- Moses Basket
- Baby Blanket
- Nursery Curtains
- White Noise Machine
- Baby Sleeping Bag
- Cots & Cot Beds
- Bedside Cribs
- Cot Mobile
- Baby Monitor
- Baby Sleepsuit
- Nursery Furniture Sets
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Baby Highchair
- Nursing Bras
- Sleep Bras
- Bottle Warmer
- Baby Bottle
- Baby Bibs
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pumps
- Nursing chair
Toiletries & Nappy Changing
- Travel stroller
- Baby car mirror
- Baby travel cots
- Double Buggies
- Buggy Boards
- Baby Carrier
- Baby Sling
- Changing Bag
- Baby Carrier
- Best Baby Travel Gear
- Baby reins
- Travel Cot Mattress
- Travel highchair