This the most comprehensive guide to Chessington deals (and ticket only options) on the web.
In a rush? Here’s quick links to compare deals:
1. DIY (Book hotel & ticket separately)
2. Package (hotel & ticket in one booking)
Your best option for a package is to book direct at Chessington.
They often have offers on including 2 days at the park for the price of 1.
If you have time, do read the whole guide for offers and top tips.
Let’s get started!
Get Up To 30% OFF Chessington Short Breaks In 2020 Including School Holidays
Short break package includes:
• An overnight Resort Hotel, Glamping or partner hotel stay
• 2 day Theme Park tickets including access to the Zoo and Sealife centre
• A delicious breakfast
Guests staying at the Chessington Resort will also get:
• Resort Hotel: Access to the Savannah Splash Pool**
• Resort Hotel: Early Ride Time***
• Explorer Glamping: Access to Wild Asia
• Explorer Glamping: Explorer Glamping Fastrack
Stay at onsite Hotel from £175 for a family of 4 or get Explorer Glamping experience from just £168 per family.
Get an Easter holiday short break from £173 for a family of 4 staying at a partner hotels.
Get a Summer Holiday short break from £173 for a family of 4 staying at a partner hotels or from £217 to stay onsite.
Book here —> https://bit.ly/2SqMhVV
February Half term from as little as £126 for a family of 4!
• Overnight stay in the Chessington Resort Hotel
• One day access to selected rides in the theme Park with entry to Chessington Zoo
and SEA LIFE centre
• Exclusive show ‘How to be a Zoo Keeper Live’
Book here —> https://bit.ly/2QmDmSC
Zootastic sleepover weekends from £119 for a family of 4!
• Overnight stay at the Chessington Resort Hotel
• 1 day entry to the Zoo and SEA LIFE centre
• Exclusive show ‘How to be a Zookeeper Live’
• Giraffe sneak peeks
• Animal meet and greets
Book here —> https://bit.ly/37dZ0zt
Splash and Stay from £69
Splash and Stay from £69 for a family of 4!
- Overnight stay at the Chessington Resort Hotel
- Kids eat Free
- Access to the Savannah Splash Pool
- Meet some amazing animals in the Wanyama Village and Reserve
Book here –> https://bit.ly/39bLvlv
Some of the best lead prices, hotels and dates throughout the year:-
HALLMARK HOTEL CROYDON –
4* Hotel. Breakfast included. Children provided with an activity pack and balloon and FREE squash drinks wristband throughout stay.
Easter Holidays from £173 (Apr 5/12/19) and from £183 (Apr 4-18)
Summer Holidays from £173 (Jul 19/26 Aug 2/9/16/23/30) and from £183 (Jul 18/20/2122/23/24/25/27/28/29/30/31, Aug 1/3-8/10-15/17-22/24-29)
RAMADA BY WYNDHAM COBHAM
Ideal Hotel. Breakfast included. Convenient location, close to shops and eateries and just 7 miles from the Theme Park.
Easter and Summer Holiday dates at £191 (Apr 4-19, Jul 18-31, Aug 1-31) HOLIDAY INN SUTTON –
4* Hotel. Breakfast included plus Kids under 13 eat free in the restaurant. Offers lots of FREE children’s activities including access to the swimming pool and games. Only 8 miles from the Theme Park.
Weekend Easter and Summer Holiday dates from £201 (Apr 4/5/10/11/12/17/18/19 Jul 18/19/24/25/26/31 Aug 1/2/7/8/9/14/15/16/21/22/23/28/29/30)
CHESSINGTON RESORT HOTELS
Onsite Hotel incl breakfast. Many additional benefits as listed above.
From £175 (May 3-7, 11-14, 17-20 Jun 1-4, 7-10, 14-18, 21-25, 28-30 Jul 1 & 2, 7, Sep 6-10, 13-17, 20-24)
Zoo day and stay weekends from £119 (Jan 17/19/24/26/31 Feb 2/7/9 Nov 13/15) February half term £126 (Feb 14 & 23) £154 (16-21 Feb)
Easter Holidays from £212 (Apr 19) £260 (Apr 5/6/7/8/9/13/14/15/16)
Summer Holidays from £224 (Jul 19-24)
Stay, Splash and Play from £69 (Jan 7/8/9/13/14/15/16 Feb 3-6, 10-13, 24-27 Mar 2-5, 9-12, 16, 17)
Onsite incl Breakfast. Many additional benefits listed above.
From £168 (May 3/14/17 Jun 1-4, 7-10, 14-18, 21-25/18, 21-25, 28-30 Jul 1/2 Sep 6 Summer Holidays £217 (Jul 19-24)
- – Other group sizes are available.
- – Under 3’s are FREE
- – Above is a selection of dates where lead prices can be found at the time of posting
- – Other dates, different themed room options available including the magical gruffaloand Room on the Broom themed rooms.
- – Please see T&C’s on the main website.
Chessington Resort Hotel & Tickets Deal
Want to stay at the resort?
Get a combined package through Chessington Holidays staying at the Resort Hotel which is situated within the theme park, plus park tickets from £59.75pp.
Example package from Chessington Holidays :-
- Based on 2019 Summer holiday dates
- 1 night stay
- A delicious breakfast
- Your 2nd Day FREE in the Theme Park
- Based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing
Total price from £239
£239 / 4 = From £59.75pp
Alternatively you can opt for a Chessington Explorer Glamping package from £231 for a family of 4!
Chessington Off-Site Hotel & Tickets Deal
Want a cheaper combined package?
Get a combined package through Chessington Holidays staying at an off-site hotel which is situated near the theme park, plus park tickets from £45.25pp.
Example package from Chessington Holidays:-
- Based on 2019 Summer holiday dates
- 1 night stay
- Off-site hotel (17.9 miles from theme park)
- 2nd Day Free Park Entry
- Based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing
- Total price from £181
- £181 / 4 = From £45.25pp
Best Hotels Near Chessington Resort
This safari themed hotel is located at the Chessington World of Adventures Resort. Family rooms have a separate children’s sleeping area with a flat-screen TV with popular kids’ channels. The hotel’s leisure centre has a heated indoor swimming pool, Savannah splash kids’ pool as well as a sauna, steam room and a gym. ZAFARI Bar & Grill has a sun terrace and views across the African style animal reserve.
Within walking distance of Chessington Resort (0.7 miles away). Family rooms can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (under 16 years). The 2 children are also served a free full breakfast, when accompanied by an adult eating a full breakfast. Guests can dine in the Beefeater Restaurant. There is free parking on site for guests.
Larger family? These apartments sleep up to 6 people. There are 2 bedrooms with double beds and a living room with sofa bed. There is a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with bath and free toiletries, while the kitchen features a dishwasher and an oven. Some units have a terrace. Children’s cots available on request. Parking available.
Set in stunning Surrey countryside this country house hotel is 4.8 miles or a 10 minute drive away from Chessington Resort. There is 24-hour room service, exercise gym and tennis courts. Also two restaurants for on-site dining. Family rooms sleep 2 adults and 2 children. Breakfast is included.
Family-friendly hotel near Chessington Resort. Less than 8 miles away, this hotel has fantastic leisure facilities including an indoor swimming pool and lawn games throughout the summer months. Children aged 5 years and under will eat for free in the hotel restaurant from the kids menu when dining with paying adult residents. Room service is also available.
DIY Chessington Package
Want to save £s and book your hotel and park tickets separately?
Step 1. Find a hotel to suit your budget and criteria.
Like saving money? We search up to 200 hotel sites to help you save up to 30% – show Hotels Near Chessington
Then once you’ve found a hotel, don’t book it just yet, first check and see if Chester Zoo has tickets available on the day you want to visit.
Step 2. Book Chessington tickets direct
Once you’ve got your tickets go back and book your hotel.
Chessington Opening Times
The park is usually open from 10am however opening dates and closing times vary throughout the year. For more accurate details on daily opening times throughout the year click here >>
Where is Chessington?
Chessington is on the A243, two miles from the A3 and M25 (junction 9 or 10). It’s just inside the M25 with lots of nearby towns, including Epsom, Weybridge and Leatherhead. Car parking is £3. There’s a train station 10 minutes’ walk from the park (Chessington South), making it one of the easiest to get to by rail. Buses run from Epsom and Kingston nearby.
Chessington Post Code
Chessington World of Adventures Resort
The theme park includes 10 themed lands and over 40 rides and attractions. Along with the Zoo, Sea Life Centre and the Daily Shows – this makes Chessington Britain’s Wildest Adventure. For a full list of rides and attractions, click here >>
- Zoo with over 1000 animals
- Sea Life Centre
- Vampire rollercoaster
- Zufari ‘on safari’ trip
- Rameses Revenge – thrilling splash ride
- 40 rides and attractions overall
What age is Chessington suitable for?
Ideal for a mixed age group, Chessington appeals to most as an animal-centric attraction. Under 3s go free and its two top rollercoasters only have a 1.10 metre minimum. Check the ride list in advance so you know what other height restrictions there are.
Chessington Ticket Prices
Anyone under 3 years of age can visit Chessington for FREE. They do NOT need a ticket. Tickets from £29.50pp click here >>
Whenever you decide to visit, whether it’s for a special occasion or just a family getaway, we’re sure you’ll create some wonderful memories to cherish for years to come 🙂
Chessington 10 Top Tips
Heading to the theme park soon? Here are our Top Tips for visiting!
1. Take your own water bottles in to the park to fill up with water through the day and keep you rehydrated.
2. Remember closing time is the time the queue to the ride will close – but not the ride itself so make sure you’re in that queue before the park closes and you’ll get that very last ride in!
3. Pick up a map at the entrance so you can start to plan out your day. First check which of the daily shows you want to see and the times of them. We used ours to refer to lots and make a basic plan around.
4. Book tickets in advance online
5. Stay in the Resort Hotel if you can – they have special deals!
6. Check height restrictions before queuing
7. If it rains for more than one hour continuously on the day you visit Chessington offer a Rainy Day guarantee which will get you a free ticket back to Chessington on another day.
8. Invest in Fast Track wristbands
9. If you can hold out until later in the afternoon for lunch, kids eat free after 3pm in some outlets.
10. On busy days Chessington offers special passes to those with small children which allows just one parent to queue to go on a ride and then when it’s over the second parent can ride without having to queue.
“We took our little boy for his 4th birthday treat. He was able to get on most of the rides, given his height. And there was plenty to look at and see around the park.
The longest ride wait was 20 minutes. Probably because we were limited to rides 1.1 and under.
Staff were really friendly and very helpful wherever you were in the park. Would def bring my little one back again.
Just a reminder to everyone BUY YOUR CAR PARK TICKET BEFORE YOU GO IN.” Georgia
“On the whole it was a good day out …. You need to go to Chessington understanding that it’s going to cost a few quid !” Travel Monkey
“My daughter and I visited recently and loved the place. Staff were helpful, they have extra support for the disabled and my 8 year old loved all the big scary rides much to my surprise. Food was bland, expensive and unexciting so take a picnic if you can but otherwise a fab day” Misskjg
How to get the best prices on UK Attractions
Use our guides to save time and money:
- Ticket price comparison
- Recommended places to stay
- Top tips and key information
See all our guides to UK Attractions.