The Gruffalo Trail returns to the forests! New for this year is the Spotters app – bring the Gruffalo and other characters to life with this brand new exciting augmented reality app.
If you have never been to the trails you should! It’s a FREE day out and a wonderful way to keep the kids entertained.
What is The Gruffalo Trail?
A series of self-led activity trails across 15 locations at the Forestry Commission.
Characters from the stories will lead children through the forest with adventure and activities, learning about nature and forests as they go. It’s a great opportunity for families to see the forests at their most breathtaking; from the magical colours of autumn through to the stark beauty of winter.
The trails will be open daily during normal forest opening hours. The trail will be in the same format as the Gruffalo’s trail, so panels, character cut-outs and activities for you to complete.
Gruffalo Trail Locations
The Gruffalo child trail locations are:
- Alice Holt, Surrey
- Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest, Kent
- Cannock Chase Forest, Staffordshire
- Dalby Forest, Yorkshire
- Delamere Forest, Cheshire
- Haldon Forest Park, Exeter
- Hamsterley, Durham
- High Lodge, Thetford Forest, Suffolk
- Kielder Forest, Northumberland
- Moors Valley Country Park, Dorset
- Sherwood Pines, Nottinghamshire
- Top Lodge, Fineshade Woods, Northamptonshire
- Wendover Woods, Buckinghamshire
- Westonbirt Arboretum, Gloucestershire (Not open until 1st December)
- Whinlatter, Cumbria
- Wyre Forest, Shropshire