For this post, I have put together a collection of the best wooden play kitchens currently available.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for wooden play kitchens.
MY TOP PICK:
My preferred pick for best overall wooden play kitchen is the Wooden Foldaway Kitchen from Asda as it is great if you have limited space at home as it can be folded away flat and it is also great value for money.
Play kitchens can help children to develop valuable life skills. They are great for encouraging role play plus kids love to play grown ups!
There is plenty of choice when it comes to play kitchens so we have specifically looked at wooden play kitchens, which are durable, look great and kids will enjoy.
If you are looking for something for the garden, why not opt for a mud kitchen? Check out our article on the Best Mud Kitchens here.
So here is my list of the the best wooden play kitchens.
Playhouse Little Sous Chef’s Kitchen
White and grey wooden kitchen with utensils.
- Made with solid wood it features everything from a microwave oven, oven and hobs and a removable sink which can easily be removed to clean.
- Included are 2 wooden pans and 3 stainless steel utensils.
- Doors open and close and knobs turn.
- The compact size makes the Little Sous Chef’s Kitchen easy to store away when not in use.
KidKraft Pink Vintage Wooden Kitchen
Pink vintage style wooden play kitchen.
- Includes painted on hobs and actual working dials on both the pretend oven and sink taps.
- Has a removable sink that can be washed to keep the play set tidy.
- There is a play phone and storage space to keep utensils.
- With an oven, microwave, and refrigerator that are made with fun realistic details.
- Realistic features like a water and ice dispenser.
- Doors open and close, windows are see-through.
- Built to last with durable wood.
Eichhorn Play Kitchen
Modern style wooden play kitchen.
- Wooden kitchen with microwave, hob, sink and oven.
- Working dials that can be twisted.
- Extractor fan feature above oven for a modern touch.
Mcc® Large Girls Kids Pink Wooden Play Kitchen With Utensils
Large sized wooden kitchen set with utensils.
- Microwave oven, stove, window with curtain, removable sink, 2 cupboards for storage room.
- With clock to learn how to tell the time.
- Set of 3 utensils included. These may vary.
- Suitable for children from 3 years of age.
New Classic Toys Kitchenette Bon Appetite
White and silver kitchen set with utensils.
- With a removable sink, two-burner hob, see-through door oven, storage shelves, turning knobs, and a clock with movable hands.
- Complete with a pot with lid, frying pan, three cooking utensils, oven glove and a salt and pepper pot.
- The two knobs on the countertop clicks when turned.
- For children over 3 years of age.
Teamson Kids Wooden Toy Kitchen
Wooden kitchen with brightly coloured features.
- With oven, microwave, two stove burners, toy clock, one removable sink and three knobs, which turn and click for life-like noises.
- Includes a cordless phone, a spatula, and 3 plastic shakers to encourage imagination and role play.
- Features a retro design in wooden finish.
- Recommended for ages 3 years and up.
Theo Klein Miele Kitchen
Modern style play kitchen in silver, grey and black.
- Includes an oven, a microwave, a removable sink and some high-quality cookware made of metal and wood.
- Utensils include a pan with lid, a frying pan, a whisk and two wooden spatulas.
- Battery-powered hob with sound and two light functions.
- The hob glows like a real one and makes cooking sounds.
- Suitable for children aged 3 years and up.
Tidlo Wooden Kitchen Station
Retro style red wooden kitchen set.
- Playset features four hobs with clicking dials, a sink with taps and mixer, an oven with shelf and a cupboard with plenty of room to keep all of your play food and utensils!
- Comes complete with a kettle, pan, lidded casserole dish, three utensils, salt and pepper pots and a tea towel on a rolling holder.
- Age 3+ years.
KidKraft Grand Gourmet Corner Wooden Kitchen
Extra large pink and white corner kitchen.
- With an oven, microwave, refrigerator, and freezer.
- Includes painted on hobs and actual working dials on both the pretend oven and taps that twist and turn.
- With an easy-to-wash sink and countertop.
- Sturdy wood construction,
- Doors open and close, windows are see-through with fabric curtains which are included.
- Four-piece metal accessory kit included.
DUKTIG Play kitchen (Ikea)
Birch wooden play kitchen.
- With a tap and sink, a hob and cupboards.
- The hob lights can be switched on/off and give a realistic glow but do not get warm.
- The sink is detachable to enable easy cleaning.
- Kitchen grows with your child. The height of the legs can be adjusted to 3 positions.
- Recommended for ages from 3 years.
- Accessories not included.
- Available from Ikea.
Wooden Foldaway Kitchen (Asda)
Solid wood fold-up kitchen.
- Beautifully painted in pale pastel colours.
- Just fold down the hob and sink panel and tuck it away when not in use and then back up again for playtime. Great space saver.
- With a pretend sink, a play hob and an opening microwave.
- Accessories not included.
- Available from George at Asda.
Driver Kitchen Set (Wayfair)
Large grey kitchen set with separate fridge.
- The fridge has three doors with an ice maker with cubes to mimic a real-life kitchen experience.
- The stove has two oven doors, two burners, one sink, and two knobs, which turn and click.
- The fridge is separate from the sink and stove portion so you can arrange it how you like.
- Accessories not included.
- Available to buy from Wayfair.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
What to consider when buying a wooden play kitchen
Some wooden kitchens require assembling and can take time so consider this if you’re buying as a surprise gift. You may want to pre-assemble so it’s ready to go!
Play & Learn
Kids learn through role play so kitchens which imitate the real thing are great for teaching children how to use utensils and appliances.
Some kitchens include clocks and chalkboards, so that kids can begin to tell the time and write lists.
Wooden play kitchens come in all shapes and sizes. Think about where you will put the kitchen.
Will it go in your child’s bedroom, in their playhouse or in your dining room? Do you want it to match your own style?
Think about how easy the kitchen will be to keep clean. You want something with surfaces which are easy to wipe-clean.
Removable sinks always come in handy so you can empty out the mess and wash before replacing.
Accessories & Functions
Some wooden play kitchens come with accessories like pots, pans and spatulas. Check before buying.
Some kitchens come with illuminating hob rings, noise features and clicking knobs.
These aren’t essential features but kids will enjoy the interactive side of things.
Consider the age of the child or children that will be playing with the kitchen.
Make sure the kitchen you buy is age appropriate and the right height, so children don’t have to reach up or crouch down too much to play.
If you want the kitchen to last, look for one that can be adjusted in height as they grow.
I hope this list of the best wooden play kitchens was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.