For this post, I have put together a collection of the best cat carriers currently available.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for cat carrier.
MY TOP PICK:
My top overall pick is the morpilot Pet Carrier Bag because it is strong, lightweight, features lots of breathable mesh and viewing spots. It receives exceptional feedback, with 82% of almost 5,000 reviewers giving it 5 stars.
Other best buys:
Excellent hard case carrier – see this two door top load model from Amazon Basics.
For long journeys – I recommend the OMORC Cat Carrier with its expandable sides, super soft flooring and stunning reviews.
Best backpack carrier – the Pecute Pet Carrier Backpack is very safe, comfortable for both cat and owner and is loved by adventurous cats.
So here is my list of the the best cat carriers and using a cat bag.
morpilot Pet Carrier Bag
Strong, light cat carrier with removable mat and breathable mesh.
- Made of durable polyester.
- Breathable mesh on top and sides for circulation and viewing spots.
- Side pocket for treats or cat items.
- Medium sized pictured is for pets up 15lb.
- Large size available up to 20lb.
- Cat owners love this cat carrier – 82% give it 5 stars.
- From 4,799 buyers it receives an average of 4.7 out of 5.
- Receives excellent scores for travelling, lightweight, comfort, sturdiness and value for money.
Argos Cat Carrier
Bestselling Argos Cat Carrier for transporting small to medium sized cats for durable plastic frame.
- Easy carry handle
- Wire door opens on front for easy exit/entry.
- Well ventilated and easy to clean.
- Cat lovers like this carrier mentioning its value, sturdiness with the gate lock being child proof.
- From 484 reviews it scores an average of 4.4 out of 5.
- 88% would recommend this to others.
OMORC Cat Carrier Dual Sided
Suitable for long distance carrier with expandable sides and soft flooring.
- Soft carrier but has build in frame which when zipped makes it very secure and stable.
- Inside liner is very plush and fluffy – cats love this luxury and helps calm them.
- Both sides expand out for room to move when on longer journeys.
- Handy pocket to carry food in.
- You can load the cat through the top or front.
- Suitable for up to 2 average sized cats.
- Amazingly positive reviews from 100s of buyers with 83% giving it 5 stars.
- From 559 ratings it scores an average of 4.7 out of 5.
- Many comment this is the perfect carrier – the best they’ve seen.
Pecute Pet Carrier Backpack
Excellent backpack carrier for the adventurous cat.
- Includes a chest clip and waist strap which makes carrying a cat that squirms a lot easier and more stable.
- The mesh windows are made from a rubberized mesh which can take cat claws. Many of the alternatives are made of fabric and get shredded!
- Additional good features include roll-up window, reflective strip on the bag and pockets on both side of the backpack.
- Simple to collapse for space saving storage.
- Section at back that folds out giving even more space to your cat.
- Wide, padded handles make it easier to carry.
- Top reviewed cat backpack with 79% of buyers giving this 5 stars.
- From 3,397 ratings it scored an average of 4.7 out of 5.
Airline approved, waterproof and foldable travel cat bag.
- Super lightweight weighing just over two pounds.
- Lots of little features that help transporting cats include a pocket on the outside, comfortable carry-handle and adjustable padded shoulder strap.
- Really good reviews – with 75% of buyers giving it 5 stars.
- From 8,475 ratings it scores 4.6 out of 5.
Amazon Basics Two-Door Top-Load Pet Kennel
Heavy duty pet carrier available in two sizes at excellent price.
- Very sturdy pet carrier with the cat loaded from the top or the front.
- Secure fastenings with both bolts and clips.
- Hard inside so you’ll need to a favourite blanket for anything beyond very short journeys.
- Bestselling cat kennel with 8,351 ratings scoring an average of 4.6 out of 5.
- Buyers love this with 75% giving it 5 stars.
Mool Lightweight Fabric Pet Carrier Crate
Lightweight fabric pet carrier crate with fleece mat and food bag.
- Reversible mat with warm fleece and cooling water polyester for all temperatures.
- A durable powder coated steel frame has been used to provide excellent stability.
- Can be folded down when not in use.
- Available in medium (pictured), large and extra large.
- Also available in a range of colours including black, blue, green, pink, red, beige, camouflage and grey.
- amazon link=”B00KIQFM0E” title=”Brilliant reviews” /] with 79% giving it 5 stars.
- From 3,808 ratings this scored an average of 4.6 out of 5.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
Common Questions And Tips
Do cats prefer hard or soft carriers to be safe and secure?
This depends on your cat’s character and the purpose of the carrier.
Unless you’re travelling by plane then I would recommend picking the carrier suited to your cat’s personality.
If your cat is prone to high anxiety and / or aggression during a trip you may well be advised to opt for a hard carrier.
If your cat’s character is very placid a soft fabric one will work well.
Also think about your preferences – plastic carriers can weigh a bit even before you load your cat.
Can my cat sleep in a carrier?
Yes, and I recommend this!
Many have us know the experience all too well when we get the cat carrier out from the cupboard or loft and it’s a horrible experience for both cat and cat owner, trying to get your furry friend inside ready for a trip to the vets.
I recommend keeping the cat carrier out of its storage place permanently.
Try making it into a comfy spot that they associate with. That way when you need to transport them it’s not a stressful experience for them. It might be a slow process but I think it’s worth it.
To help with this make it comfortable as possible, make it accessible i.e. in a place they are already used to spending a lot of time. Finally, give them rewards for using it!
Taking them to vet appointments will be much easier, they will already feel safe and secure ready for their journey.
I hope this list of the best cat carrier was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.