- Best Family Hotels in London
- Top London Shows For Kids
- How To Get The Best Deals at London Attractions
Big-hitter family attractions
- Get behind the scenes of the Harry Potter film sets for a magical full-day tour at Warner Brothers Studio.
- Get a taste of the high life on the giant ferris wheel offering fantastic views with the London Eye.
- See sharks, monster catfish and look for Nemo and Dory and more in the SEA LIFE London Aquarium.
- Find their future career and try out 50 professions through role-play adventures at Kidzania.
- Mix it with the rich and famous at the wax figure museum Madame Tussauds. Fantastic for Star Wars and Marvel fans.
- Visit the Tower of London, the capital’s premier medieval castle with fantastic exhibits along with the crown jewels.
- See London’s famous buildings in miniature and mixture of rides, 4D movies and adventure playgrounds at Legoland Windsor.
- Board the magical flying bus, on a quest at Shrek’s Adventure London!
Best museums for children
- Experience the sleepover of a lifetime with Dino Snores for Kids at the Natural History Museum.
- Don’t miss the fantastic and free Natural History Museum.
- Rocket into outer space or touch a 4 1/2 billion year old meterorite at the Royal Observatory Greenwich.
- Become an engineer, scientist or inventor at the Ragged School Museum.
- Visit the Science Museum full of entertaining exhibits including the Command Module of Apollo 10, a spacecraft that went around the moon in 1969.
- Visit the kid-friendly British Museum and their stunning exhibitions including Egyptian mummies, The Rosetta Stone and the Elgin (Parthenon) Marbles.
- See 100’s of aircrafts from every age of flight at the Royal Air Force Museum.
- Visit London’s best contemporary art gallery and the dedicated Family Zone at the Tate Modern.
- Immersive play scenes and lots of Storytelling sessions at the Discover Children’s Story Centre.
Outdoor kids activities
- Navigate (or get lost) at the amazing garden maze at Hampton Court Palace.
- Explore several excellent playgrounds or hire a boat at Regent’s Park.
- Explore the ancient woodlands and 100 lakes and ponds at Epping Forest.
Free things to do for kids
- Take in stunning panoramic views of London (day or night) at the Sky Garden with free entry.
- Take a free visit to the Wallace Collection to see real swords, knight’s gear and their armour.
- Walk along the Regent’s Canal Path to Hackney, admiring the canal boats along the way. Take a diversion at Victoria Park, which has a fantastic playground.
- Watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony outside Buckingham Palace.
- Visit one of the best collections of childhood-related objects in the world at the V&A Museum of Childhood.
- Watch the world’s most famous street performers at Covent Garden.
- Browse the cool stalls and see the canal locks in action at Camden Locks and Market.
- Stage a photo shoot at the Peter Pan Statue in Kensington Gardens.
- Soak up 500 years of maritime history and stoke the boiler of a steamship at the National Maritime Museum.
- Learn about the history of the river Thames at the Museum of London Docklands.
- Meet goats, sheep, chickens and rabbits at Hackney City Farm.
- Explore Brockwell Park, one of South London’s best parks with a fantastic playground, sandpit and paddling pool.
- Visit Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross station.
- Visit the Museum of London and learn the capital’s whole history in one fun packed visit.
- Snap a family photo on the famous crossing outside Abbey Road Studios.
- Explain the concept of time at the Prime Meridian Line at The Royal Observatory in Greenwich.
- Show off or take in tricks at the famous South Bank skate park.
- Play soldiers at the National Army Museum.
- Go on a free bat walk at various London locations and learn about their place in the capital.
- Be amazed by 30 life like dinosaur statues inside Crystal Palace Park.
- Escape the buzz and visit Hampstead Heath, a huge ancient parkland perfect for a picnic with amazing views of the city skyline.
Best play fountains
- Explore a huge wooden pirate ship and take a refreshing dip at the Diana Memorial Playground.
- Cool down in the fountains at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, near the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- Make a splash in the interactive fountain art at the South Bank Center.
Transport attractions for children
- Experience afternoon tea with a difference onboard a double decker London Bus.
- Drive an underground train or dress up as a bus conductor at the London Transport Museum.
- Climb aboard and explore seven levels of Europe’s largest preserved WWII warship, HMS Belfast.
- Find out what life was like onboard the world’s last surviving tea clipper, the Cutty Sark.
- See over 100 original vehicles and artefacts from all 24 James Bond films at the London Film Museum.
- See London by night with an open-top sightseeing bus tour of the capital’s landmarks.
- Ride the Routemaster and enjoy the sights on London on a proper double decker bus. This is not a tour but a lot cheaper.
- Hop aboard The Golden Hinde, a full-scale reconstruction of the first English ship to sail around the world, captained by Sir Francis Drake.
- Step aboard the classic Concorde and enjoy a virtual flight at the Brooklands Museum.
- Soak up the sights and sounds of the jungle at the Rainforest Cafe, London’s wildest family dining experience.
- Breathe in and sample delicious food stalls at Borough Market, also a Harry Potter filming location for the Leaky Cauldron.
- Tumble down the rabbit hole and discover a tea party at Mad Hatter’s Afternoon Tea at Sanderson.
- Eat, drink and feel famous at the memorabilia-filled surroundings at Planet Hollywood.
- Tuck into scrumptious ice cream frozen by liquid nitrogen at Chin Chin Labs.
- Satisfy that sweet tooth and tuck into the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea at One Aldwych.
- Skip-the-line and tuck into American cuisine at the legendary Hard Rock Cafe.
Activities for teenagers
- Get 360-degree views of London from the 72nd floor of London’s tallest skyscraper, The Shard.
- Prepare to be scared silly and dip into the city’s dark and gruesome history at the London Dungeon.
- Visit St Paul’s, with its world-famous dome, fascinating history and awe-inspiring interior.
- Explore what makes us human at Body World, an engaging mix of art, science and health education.
- Take a full-day tour from London and enjoy two iconic English historical sites: Stonehenge & Roman Baths.
- Let the older children see how the UK government works during Question Time at the Houses of Parliament.
- Show your older children you’re down with the youth and take them shopping on Carnaby Street.
- Follow in the footsteps of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin and George Orwell and experience the history of free speech from the soap boxes at Speakers’ Corner.
- Get the ultimate adrenaline rush and take a speedboat tour of the River Thames.
- Head underground into the Churchill War Rooms and soak up the tense wartime atmosphere.
- Take a fantastic and child-friendly all day walking tour of London.
- See the best of central London on two wheels with this Classic London 3.5 Hour Bike Tour.
- Experience the thrills and a few spills at the Lee Valley White Water Centre.
Action-packed things to do
- Soar above the river Thames with the Emirates Air Line cable car with fantastic views of London. Combine with an adrenaline filled boat ride.
Travelling in London with children
- Hire a rowing boat or paddling boat on the Serpentine Lake in Hyde Park.
- Don’t miss the treetop walkway and badger caves at Kew Gardens.
- Enjoy hours of fun in a safe and stimulating 7-acre playground and park at Coram’s Fields in Holborn.
- Climb the roof of the O2 with Up at The O2 for an exhilarating experience and rewarded with incredible views of London.
- Learn to climb for the over-4s at Chelsea’s Clip n’ Climb.
- Ride a horse like British royalty in Hyde Park.
Film locations and movie experiences
- Enjoy a sirius-ly good Harry Potter walking tour of some of the inspirations for the movies including the real Diagon Alley.
- Take in a flick at the beautiful Ritzy Cinema, Brixton, perfect for a rainy day adventure.
- Sit back and soak up the world’s most immersive movie experience at the Science Museum’s IMAX 3D cinema.
London zoos & farms
- Up close and personal with tigers, gorillas, lions, penguins and many more at ZSL London Zoo.
- Go looking for herds of deer at the picturesque Richmond Park.
- Watch the pelican feeding time at St James’s Park.
- Meet meerkats, monkeys and more close up at Battersea Park Children’s Zoo.
- Explore an urban oasis close to central London and spot birds, otters and much more at the WWT London Wetland Centre.
Theatre for kids
- Enjoy one of London’s theatre shows for kids.
- Learn all about the master bard and take a tour at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre.
- See polar bears made of ice at the Magical Ice Kingdom at Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland.
Shops for kids
- Visit the world’s largest sweet store at M&M’S World in Leicester Square.
- Visit the world’s oldest, largest and most famous toyshop, Hamley’s.
- Take a look inside the world’s largest LEGO Store complete with a life-sized London Underground train car made up of 637,903 bricks.
Quirky things to do in London for kids
- See the famous stuffed giant walrus and (live!) alpacas and bunnies with free entry at the Horniman Museum & Gardens.
- Take a sightseeing tour with the London Duck Tours aboard a distinctive yellow amphibious WWII vehicle.
- Follow in the footsteps of Goldilocks on the Teddy Bear Trail at the Museum of Brands.
- Step inside the home of the world famous detective at the Sherlock Holmes Museum. Or join a walking tour of London as you take in sites featured in the Sherlock Holmes series.
Thrilling London attractions
- Fly down the world’s longest tunnel slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- Get a forest experience in London and enjoy a zip wire treetop adventure at Go Ape Battersea.
More from: 101 Things To Do With The Kids
- 101 Things to do in London with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Edinburgh with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Glasgow with Kids
- 101 Things to do with Kids in Scotland
- 101 Things to do in York with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Manchester with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Birmingham with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Bath with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Oxford with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Liverpool with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Cornwall with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Devon with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Lake District with Kids
- 101 Things to do in The Cotswolds with Kids
- 101 Things to do in The Isle of Wight with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Las Vegas with Kids
- 101 Things to do in San Antonio with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Chicago with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Dallas with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Houston with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Austin with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Miami with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Tampa with Kids
- 101 Things to do in Orlando with Kids