For this post, I have put together a collection of the best school skirts currently available. See more top picks on my back to school checklist.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: BHS Girls School Skirt With Adjustable Waist
- Best In Grey: Miss Chief Drop Waisted Pleated Skirt
- Best In Black: Generic Girls School Skirt
- Best For Teens: David Luke Senior Girls Straight Skirt
- Best Pleated: Luxe Diva Elastic Waist Box Pleat Skirt
- Best Longer Length: M&S Girls’ Longer Length School Skirt
- Best Budget Buy: Next Jersey Pencil Skirt
- Best Plus Fit: Matalan Girls Black Generous Fit Box Pleat School Skirt
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for school skirts.
Looking for a durable and functional girls school skirt?
Whether you prefer pleated, pencil or drop waist school skirts, we’ve searched the market to bring you our favourites, all with excellent customer feedback and 4-5/5 star ratings.
Let’s get going!
BHS Girls School Skirt Adjustable Waist
- High quality school skirts that are ‘ex BHS’ stock.
- In a classic pleated design with a dropped waist & knife pleats to each side.
- Zip fastening at the back on the larger sizes and crease resistant so less ironing required.
- Available in grey or black.
- Available in ages 4-12 years.
- Fantastic reviews. From 121 ratings 84% of buyers gave these school skirts 4-5 stars.
Miss Chief Drop Waisted Pleated Skirt
- A drop waisted pleated skirt with zip fastening.
- Available in grey, navy and black.
- Available in child sizes 5-16 years and adult size 6-24.
- Customers recommend getting one size up to your usual.
- Great reviews. From 436 ratings 73% of buyers gave these school skirts 4-5 stars.
Generic Girls School Skirt
- This skirt has an adjustable waistband so there is room for growth.
- The permanent pleats at the front give it a smart look.
- Available in navy, green and charcoal grey.
- Available in 3-13 years.
- Very good reviews. From 32 ratings 84% of buyers gave these school skirts 4-5 stars.
David Luke Senior Girls Straight Skirt
- School Uniform Front Pocket Non Pleated Schoolgear Senior Girls Straight Skirt
- With a concealed zipper and 2 front fob pockets.
- 100% of the polyester used comes from recycled plastic bottles.
- Available in black.
- Available in 26″.
- Good reviews so far. From 9 ratings 76% of buyers gave these school skirts 5/5 stars.
Luxe Diva Elastic Waist Box Pleat Skirt
- Box pleat skirt with fully elasticated waist so good for all shapes and sizes.
- Easy to pull on.
- Durable and machine washable.
- Available in grey, navy, brown, green, royal blue, wine and black.
- Available in 2-18 years.
- Really good reviews. From 717 ratings 82% of buyers gave these school skirts 4-5 stars.
M&S Girls’ Longer Length School Skirt
- A longer skirt with adjustable waist, perfect for taller children.
- It is stain and weatherproof so it repels water and stains.
- The crease resistant material helps creases fall out easily.
- Made with recycled polyester and sustainable viscose.
- Available in grey.
- Available in extra long and long and ages 2-16 years.
- With 4.3/5 star ratings based on 47 buyers reviews.
- Available to buy from M&S.
Next Jersey Pencil Skirt
- This easy pull-on pencil skirt has panel detailing on the waist with an elasticated waistband for a good fit.
- The jersey material is soft and comfortable for everyday wear.
- Available in grey, black and navy.
- Available in ages 3-16 years.
- With 4.5/5 star ratings based on 19 buyers reviews.
- Available to buy from Next.
Matalan Generous Fit School Skirt
- A smart Teflon coating to this skirt will repel water and stains.
- With a generous fit adjustable waist and smart creased box pleating this skirt will last any growth spurts.
- navy and black.
- Available in ages 3-12 years.
- With 5/5 star ratings based on 22 buyers reviews.
- Available to buy from Matalan.
What To Consider When Buying School Skirts
You want school skirts which are going to last so durability is important.
Crease resistant or stain resistant skirts will make it easier so you don’t have to constantly iron them.
Buying a good quality skirt will ensure your child will make the most out of it until they grow out of it.
The fit of your child’s school skirt is key. Girls grow fast so you don’t want anything which they are going to grow out of in two seconds.
Buying school skirts with an elasticated waist and longer leg will allow for any growth spurts.
You can get school skirts in any style from pleated to pencil and drop waist to longer length so it comes down to personal choice and comfort.