For this post, I have put together a collection of the best bird feeding stations currently available.
UPDATED: 14 November 2020
MY TOP PICK:
A personal choice but my favourite is the Kingfisher Bird Feeding Station because it looks traditional, has hanging feeders and a water dish for the birds to bathe in plus it is great value for money.
Keep your garden birds fed all year round with a bird feeding station.
Not only do bird feeding stations entice birds with trays for bathing and seeds to eat, they also add a decorative feature to any garden or balcony.
We’ve selected the best bird feeding stations and bird tables, from wooden to metal and from small to large, to help you turn your garden into a sanctuary for your feathered friends.
Kingfisher Bird Feeding Station
- Traditional bird feeding station.
- All-in-one solution for feeding wild birds.
- Includes 3 brackets for hanging feeders, water dish and mesh feeder tray.
- Metal construction, powder coated finish.
- Great value for money.
- Excellent 4.5/5 star rating based on 2,706 customer reviews.
The Hutch Company Bath Universal Feather Edge Bird Table
- Wooden bird feeding table.
- Universal open design suitable for birds of all sizes.
- Made in Great Britain from sustainable forests – 2 trees planted for every 1 cut down.
- Unique feather edge slated roof design with anti-bacterial coating.
- Excellent 4.6/5 star rating based on 102 customer reviews.
Tom Chambers Grand Bird Station
- Heavy duty bird feeder.
- Stunning design.
- Decorative spiral finial and extra large seed tray which are of premium quality.
- Allows you to feed a variety of food to garden birds.
- Includes a water dish.
- Most expensive of my picks.
- Excellent 4.7/5 star rating based on 328 customer reviews.
Hove Fence Wall-mounted Bird Table
- A wall mounted bird table which will blend into fences or garden walls.
- Treated with anti-bacterial coating to prevent disease spreading.
- Made of durable heavy duty timber.
garden mile® White Hanging Bird Feeder Station
- Novelty garden seat bird feeder which can be hung from anywhere.
- Pretty swing seat design which will add an ornamental touch to garden.
- Made from treated metal which is easy to fill and clean.
- Comes with a strong hanging chain that is easy to mount on any hanging surface.
- Excellent 4.4/5 star rating based on 86 customer reviews.
Maypole Anti-fungal Heavy Duty Bird Table
- Heavy duty wooden bird table.
- Twin treated with anti-bacterial coating to prevent disease spreading.
- Made in Great
- Britain from sustainable forests – 2 Trees Planted for Every 1 Cut Down
- High quality.
- Excellent 4.5/5 star rating based on 1,209 customer reviews.
Natures Market Slate Roof Bird Table
- Pretty wooden bird table with slate effect roof and scallop detail.
- Made with stained FSC certified wood.
- Attractive decoration for gardens and patios as well as to keep birds fed.
- Excellent 4.3/5 star rating based on 189 customer reviews.
Hanging Lantern Bird Seed & Nut Feeder Green
- Small hanging lantern bird feeder ideal for those with limited space.
- Swivel top makes the feeder easy to refill.
- Suitable for use with seed and nuts.
- Domed top helps to keep feed dry.
- All round perch for easy feeding.
- Made from durable plastic, which will last for years.
- Excellent 4.1/5 star rating based on 831 customer reviews.
Green Jem Wild Bird Feeding Station with Leaves
- Beautifully designed bird feeding station.
- Brown hammertone finish.
- Has two hanging points on each of the 4 adjustable branches.
- New design with leaves and bird finial which will add an ornamental touch to any garden.
Ideal to encourage wild birds into the garden
Excellent 4.3/5 star rating based on 435 customer reviews.
Gardman Complete Bird Feeding Kit
- Similar design to the more pricey Tom Chambers one.
- Heavy duty 5 Hook design with finial.
- Extra strength screw together poles and quick
- Also includes large bird bath with support Ring, feeding tray, 2 Black steel seed feeders, 1 Black steel peanut feeder and 1 suet feast feeder.
- Excellent 4.2/5 star rating based on 862 customer reviews.
What To Consider When Buying a Bird Feeding Station
Size and Style
Think about the space in your garden and how big or small you need your bird table to be. There are plenty of different designs from more traditional metal feeders to wooden heavy duty ones. It’s all about personal taste.
Which birds do you want to feed?
If you don’t want to attract magpies and pigeons, some tables are designed to prevent them getting on. This encourages smaller birds and helps keep them safe so that they return again and again.
Stability and Durability
Think about weather conditions and stability. If you want a freestanding bird feeding station, you will need something heavy duty so that it doesn’t blow over in the wind. Heavy duty bird tables can be stood on patios without the need to be secured.
Also think about the elements and how your bird table will last outdoors. Treated woods and those with antibacterial coatings tend to have a longer life.
I hope this list of the best bird feeding stations was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.