For this post, I have put together a collection of the best clothes rails currently available. Check out all my best buys for bedroom accessories.
- Best Overall: Songmics Heavy-Duty Clothes Rack
- Best Budget Buy: Jurmerry Metal Coat Rail
- Best Adjustable: Taylor & Brown® Chrome Adjustable Clothes Rail
- Best For Kids: Liberty House Wooden Fairy Dress Up
Do you struggle for storage space? Or would you like to display some of your favourite hanging garments? A clothes rail could be the perfect solution.
Some clothes rails can be a great option for a freestanding open wardrobe, whilst others are simple in design, easy to assemble and could be used for displaying garments in a pop-up shop or at a car boot sale.
A clothes rail is also a great option for the hallway to help keep it tidy and organised so look for styles that incorporate shoe racks or hooks for bags.
How We Selected
We’ve scoured the internet looking for the best clothes rails around, which are ideal for displaying your favourite dresses, clothes and coats.
All of our recommendations have excellent 4-5/5 star buyers reviews.
We’ve looked for quality, style and clothes rails to suit all tastes and budgets.
Want some ideas on how to organise your wardrobe? See these top tips from a pro at Cosmopolitan.
Let’s get started!
Jurmerry Metal Coat Rail
- High quality metal clothes rail with 2-tier of shelves.
- Available in black or white.
- Looks smart.
- Clothes rack come with a one year limited warranty.
- Pros: Affordable, looks nice, has shelves for extra storage space.
- Cons: Not on wheels.
- Consumer Score: Buyers like this clothes rail with 73% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
Taylor & Brown® Chrome Adjustable Clothes Rail
- Adjustable height foldable clothes rail.
- Easy to transport.
- Chrome finish.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Pros: Can be transported easily, can be folded away, height adjustable to suit you.
- Cons: Not as aesthetic as some.
- Consumer Score: A popular choice with 82% of buyers giving it 4-5 stars out of 5.
Chrome Heavy Duty Clothes Hanging Rail – Racking Solutions Store
- This multi-purpose clothes storage system, comes complete with garment hanging rails.
- Each shelf can hold up to 100Kg, so ideal for shoes / hats or other boxed items.
- Comes flat packed for easy delivery and assembly.
- Great free standing wardrobe option.
- Pros: Lots of storage space and shelving as well as rail.
- Cons: Quite pricey.
- Consumer Score: Buyers love this clothes rail with 78% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
Heavy Duty Freestanding Clothes Rail – The Shopfitting Shop
- This extra long 6ft x 5ft clothes rail can be flat packed for easy storage and transportation.
- Requires no nuts and bolts or tools to assemble.
- Finished in a tough black coating.
- Suitable for home use, retail stores, shop-fittings, Schools, Colleges or theatrical environments.
- Pros: Long rail for lots of hanging space, affordable, easy to assemble and transport.
- Cons: No added features.
- Consumer Score: Really liked by buyers with 84% giving it 5 stars out of 5.
Liberty House Wooden Fairy Dress Up
- Lovely sturdy item with fantastic reviews.
- 72% of buyers gave this 5 stars.
- Easy to assemble.`
- 2 shelves with plenty of room for dresses.
- Pros: Designed for kids, with handy storage box at top and bottom.
- Cons: Design not appealing for boys.
- Consumer Score: Good feedback with 69% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
Songmics Heavy-Duty Clothes Rack
- Rustic, industrial look clothes rail.
- Powder-coated steel hanging rail in black.
- With lockable wheels.
- Pros: Stylish, on wheels so can move from room to room.
- Cons: Not easily portable.
- Consumer Score: A popular clothes rail with average 4.5/5 star buyers reviews.
- Retailers: eBay and Mano Mano.
What Are The Benefits Of A Clothes Rail
Clothes rails are a great space-saving option, helping you to save money and maximise smaller spaces.
Some clothes rails come with wheels for easy transportation around the house.
Clothes rails are a great way to display your favourite clothing/ coats without having it all hidden away in a wardrobe.
There are plenty of options when it comes to buying a clothes rail. You can opt for a simple rail which can be stored away when not in use, to more of an open style wardrobe with shelves, hooks and other added features.
How Do You Assemble A Clothes Rail?
Clothes Rails Sale & Today’s Bestsellers
My overall top pick is the Songmics Heavy-Duty Clothes Rack as it has an industrial style look at an affordable price.
It also has excellent 4.5/5 star ratings and excellent buyers reviews.
I hope this guide on clothes rails was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Last Updated: February 2022
- Added Top Picks.
- Updated image.
- Added ‘How We Selected.’
- Added link to Cosmopolitan website.
- Added Pros/Cons on all products.
- Added consumer scores.
- Added ‘Benefits’.
- Added Video.
- Added 3 New Products.
- Added Final Thought.
- Moved unavailable products to bottom of page.
Bedroom Accessories – Best Buys
Heavy Duty Clothes Rail – QL-SHELF (currently unavailable)
- Super stylish free standing clothing rack assembled from industrial metal pipes.
- Sturdy and decorative.
- Two of the four universal wheels can be locked so that you can fix the racks or push it to go outside for drying clothes.
- Ideal for displaying garments.
Bamboo Single Rail Clothes Rail with Side Display Stand – LANGRIA (currently unavailable)
- Wooden clothes rail which is modern and functional.
- The single-rail garment rack can be used to organise your everyday or seasonal outfits.
- The side coat stand, which features 6 branches with 8 hooks, is perfect for hanging your coat, jacket, handbag, umbrella and more.
Heavy Duty Metal Clothes Rail & 8 Hook Garment Stand with Shoe Rack – Vivo (currently unavailable)
- A sturdy clothes rail with two shoe rack layers for storing your shoes as well as 8 round edged hanging hooks to ensure you clothes don’t get torn.
- Made from strong steel construction this would be ideal for a bedroom which doesn’t have enough space for full wardrobe
Clothes Rail with Wood Effect Shelf -Argos Home (currently unavailable)
- A modern metal clothes rail with a simple, stripped-back design perfect for creating a relaxed look in your home.
- The sturdy black metal v-frame gives it a trendy industrial style, while the wood-effect shoe shelf has a more home-built, natural appearance.
- Ideal for your hallway or bedroom.
- Easy to assemble
- Best Budget Buy!
Ikea Clothes Rail With Shelves – Nikkeby (currently unavailable)
- A multi-functional clothes rack which is perfect to hang clothes and organise the clutter in your bedroom or hallway.
- It has multi rails and hooks and shelves for extra storage space.
- Can be used with hanging clothes and bags as well as folded clothes and shoes.