For this post, I have put together a collection of the best moon lamps currently available. See my top picks for bedroom accessories.
Our Top Picks
- Best Value With Remote: CMCQ LED Moon Light
- Best Value Overall: Brightworld Moon Lamp
- Best Reviewed: Iconntechs Moon Lamp
A moon lamp will light up any room and create a relaxing ambiance.
Moon lamps are balls of light that emulate the appearance of Earth-orbiting moon.
They make a great centrepiece and are a great gift for anyone, especially a child or teenager who is interested in astronomy and space.
How We Selected
There are plenty to choose from so we’ve picked the best to make your decision more simple.
By searching the internet and reading many reviews and looking at ones with excellent consumer scores, we’ve selected the best to save you the time.
Moon lamps come in different shapes, colours and sizes so there are plenty to choose from
For atmospheric lighting in your garden see my top picks for the best solar lights.
Find out more about the significance of moon lamps for human health and well-being on the Time Business News website.
So here is my list of the the best moon lamps.
CMCQ LED Moon Light
Multicoloured moon light with 3D printing technology.
- Touch sensor moonlight with remote control.
- With 3D printing technology it shows you the true moonscape.
- It looks like a real moon in your hand when you hold it at night.
- 16 colour changes.
- Pros: Affordable, touch sensor, environmentally and energy efficient.
- Cons: Some may find the size small.
- Consumer Score: This moon lamp has plenty of excellent reviews – 71% of buyers gave it 5 stars.
Brightworld Moon Lamp
3D Moon lamp with accurate moon surface.
- Moon lamp using cutting-edge 3D printing technology.
- Curves and mountains on the sphere has been designed to really portray the moon’s surface.
- Unique ceramic hand base, which holds the moon lamp in place.
- Dimming control and tapping smart button to change colour.
- Built-in rechargeable battery inside, which can last around 8 hours after 2 hours fully charging.
- Pros: Ceramic base, dimming control, built-in rechargeable long-lasting battery.
- Cons: A bit more of a quirky design which may not appeal to all.
- Consumer Score: Customers really like this moon lamp – 71% of buyers gave it 5 stars.
Iconntechs Moon Lamp
- This moon lamp is also made with 3D printing technology, so every crater on the sphere of the moon is correctly portrayed.
- Gentle touch on the switch located at the bottom of the night light lamp, to switch between 16 different colours.
- You can also adjust the brightness of the light at all colors by long pressing the button at the bottom.
500mAh rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of working time with a single charge.
- Pros: Classic-look moon lamp, with touch control and dimmable light.
- Cons: Hard to find any.
- Consumer Score: 78% of buyers gave it 5 stars.
VGAzer Levitating Moon Lamp
3D Moon lamp which levitates
- This moon lamp uses magnets to create a levitating effect.
- The magnetic force creates a mesmerising levitating effect with no support in sight.
- The advanced 3D printing technology makes the surface of this moon lamp look close to the real thing.
- Powered by electromagnetic energy, so there’s no need for wires, cables or battery.
- LED is dimmable, and you can pick from three light modes.
- Pros: Levitating effect, 3D printed for realistic look, powered by electromagnetic energy.
- Cons: Expensive.
- Consumer Score: Popular choice – 81% of buyers gave it 4-5 stars.
PREKIAR Moon Lamp
- 3D printed moon lamp with 16 colour RGB.
- When fully charged for 1-2 hours light will work for up to 6 hours.
- With flash, fade, strobe or smooth effect.
- Made of sustainable materials.
- Pros: Long lasting light when charged, environmentally friendly manufacture process.
- Cons: You need to keep it away from TV remote as this can sometimes activate it.
- Consumer Score: Buyers really like this moon lamp – 70% of buyers gave it 5 stars.
What Are The Benefits Of A Moon Lamp?
The purpose of a moon lamp is to create the light effects of a full moon, in the comfort of your own home.
Moon lamps produce a soft and warm glow and many offer a variety of colour settings and light modes, to create a relaxing atmosphere.
They can double up as night lights for children and you can also use them to teach kids about the planets and solar-system.
FAQ’s Moon Lamps
A moon lamp creates a soft light ambience in any room. Often using 3D printing technology to give a realistic moon surface look to the light. Moon lamps can help to change a mood from stressed to more relaxed.
Each one is different but as a rough guide it will take around 90 minutes to fully charge, providing 2-4 hours of light.
The wooden stand, soft light and modern design would make a unique or romantic gift for anyone. Suitable for both kids and adults, there are options for personalised moon lamps, which can add to the novelty.
Cheap Moon Lamps & Today’s Bestsellers
My preferred pick for best moon lamp is the Brightworld Moon Lamp as it comes with a stylish ceramic hand holder and just has different dimmable white light settings, for a more sophisticated centrepiece, which would look great in a living room.
I hope this list of the best moon lamps was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Last Updated: January 2022
- Added ‘How We Selected’.
- Added Pros/Cons.
- Added 2 x New Products.
- Added Benefits.
- Added FAQ’s.
Bedroom Accessories – Best Buys
Hydrodream 3D Moon Lamp (Currently unavailable)
3D effect magic star moon light.
- When lit up it looks like the starry sky at night.
- Colourful lamp with 16 changing colours, varying brightness and remote control.
- Varied soft and dimmable colour can be adjusted to suit your taste.
- Battery operated for up to 24 hours and also comes with a charging cable to connect to the mains.
- A great gift for people of all ages.
- Customers love this moon lamp – 77% of 1,991 buyers gave it 5 stars.
Touugo 3D Print LED Star Moon Light (Currently unavailable)
No products found.
3D effect magic star moon light with sound control function.
- With 3D printing technology.
- Uses NASA satellite real-time data, through three-dimensional imaging technology to give an accurate scaled down version of the moon.
- With sound control function so you can clap your hands and the colour changes.
- You can also simply pat the light to change its colour or use the remote control.
- With 16 different colours to create a relaxing ambience in your home.
- Customers love this moon lamp – No products found..
3D Moon Lamp Personalised With Photo (Currently unavailable)
Customised moon lamp with personalised photo.
- This moon lamp can be customised with your own photo and engraved with your own personal message.
- It would make a great gift for a loved one.
- With two brightness levels settings.
- Three LED colour modes and dimmable touch control.
- Improved built-in battery allows the lunar moon night light to work for 4-20 hours. Standard USB charging port.
- Customers love this moon lamp – 78% of 462 buyers gave it 5 stars.