For this post, I have put together a collection of the best trundle beds currently available.
Our Top Pick
If you are looking for the best overall, I recommend the Brimnes Day-bed which I have included below.
It is practical, two mattresses are included and had storage space. It is also very good value for money.
If you’re looking for a space saving solution in the bedroom a trundle bed may be a good option for you.
Trundle beds are perfect for smaller homes or for those who have guests to stay. A trundle bed is a bed (usually a single) with space for an additional bed to be stored underneath it. The additional bed can be pulled out alongside the single bed to either make a double bed or to be used as two single beds.
There are plenty of trundle beds on the market. Some would look great in children’s bedrooms or others would work well in guest rooms. Some have additional storage like drawers, which is good if you’re limited for space.
So here’s my list of the best trundle beds.
Home Furnishings UK Guest Bed
- Crushed velvet fabric finish guest bed which would be ideal for a guest bedroom.
- Available in 4 high quality colours.
- With stylish wooden feet.
- Guest bed can be raised to the same height as the single bed to make a double bed.
- Headboard is not included in the price.
- Excellent 4.3/5 star rating based on 53 customer reviews.
Kosy Koala Versailles Glossy Vanilla Daybed
- Daybed with metal frame which can be used as a seat in the day.
- Would look great in a guest room.
- Comes with under bed trundle, which can be raised to same height as the day bed.
- Glossy off-white finish.
- Wooden sprung slats.
- The bed takes standard 3ft single mattress (Mattresses are not included).
- Excellent 4.3/5 star rating based on 256 customer reviews.
Hornblower 3 Drawer Storage Guest Bed Frame and Trundle (Happybeds)
- Smooth and contemporary design.
- Stone white lacquered finish.
- Hidden pull out guest bed on castors with storage drawers along the side.
- Beautifully curved headboard and footboard.
- Three storage drawers with additional three dummy drawers.
- Great for saving space for the sleepovers.
- Sprung slatted base for additional comfort and mattress life.
Classic Guest Divan Base (Dreams)
- Bed available in range of colours and in soft touch fabric.
- Pull-out trundle on wheels.
- 4 feet support the divan frame.
- Folding legs underneath trundle to make both mattresses the same height.
- Mattresses are not included.
- 1-year guarantee included.
- Excellent 4.6/5 star rating based on 137 customer reviews.
Esben Day Bed with Pull out Trundle in Classic White (Noa & Nani)
- Pine wooden day bed which would look great in a child’s bedroom.
- Finished in classic white.
- Constructed from solid pine wood for durability.
- Comes complete with wooden slats.
- Single 3ft with an additional pull out trundle bed.
Brimnes Day-bed w 2 drawers/2 mattresses (Ikea)
- A sofa by day and a bed for one or two by night.
- Mattresses included.
- The two large drawers give plenty of space for quilts, pillows and bed linen.
- Smart solution when you live in a small home.
John Lewis & Partners Savoy Two Pocket Spring Trundle Guest Bed
- A three-in-one elegantly upholstered guest bed.
- The under-bed rolls out quickly and easily and has fold out legs to bring the two mattresses to the same height.
- Boasting two pocket spring mattresses you can use them as two twins or zip together to create a comfy king size.
- There’s a choice of fabric options available in store to suit personal taste.
- Headboard is sold separately.
I hope this list of the best trundle beds was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.