For this post, I have put together a collection of the best kids waterproof gloves currently available. For more outdoor clothing see my other top picks for children’s waterproofs.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Azarxis Kids Snow Gloves
- Best Budget Buy: 7-Mi Kids Winter Waterproof Warm Gloves
- Best For Snow: Trespass Kids Ruri II Snow Gloves
- Best For Sport: OGLOVE Waterproof Thermal Sports Gloves for Kids
Keep little hands dry and warm with our top picks of the best kids waterproof gloves.
How We Selected
There are plenty of options to make sure that kids hands stay warm and snug in cold conditions.
Waterproof, fleece lined mittens are great for wet and cold days.
Reflective piping trim can be handy on those dark early evenings and velcro fastenings make mitts easy to put on and keep on.
Bigger kids prefer the movement of gloves rather than mittens so waterproof, padded fleece lined pairs will do the job nicely.
We’ve searched the market and chosen styles which are suitable for various outdoor activities from skiing and playing in the snow, to playing ball games.
All of our recommendations have 4-5/5* reviews.
Check out some of the health benefits of walking in the rain over at Lifealth.com.
See our top picks here.
Trespass Kids Ruri II Snow Gloves
- Unisex kids gloves which can be worn during the colder months to keep their little fingers warm and cosy.
- Crafted using a water resistant fabric, these gloves will provide some protection against dampness.
- Lightly padded, they also offer insulation helping to keep the interior warm and dry.
- Fitted with an inner knitted glove, for added comfort.
- With an adjustable wrist strap which helps them to stay on securely as well as keep drafts at bay.
- Plastic clips allow them to attach each glove together to avoid misplacing one.
- Pros: The adjustable wrist strap keeps them on and the light padding is insulating.
- Cons: Only water resistant, not waterproof.
- Consumer Score: These kids gloves are a popular choice with 86% of buyers giving them 4-5 stars out of 5.
Azarxis Kids Snow Gloves
- Anti-slip soft PU gloves. Snow-proof but breathable.
- The high-quality cold weather guard insulation with thick fleece inside and cuff.
- Lightweight and moisture-wicking to keep hands warm and dry.
- Elastic wrists for easy wear.
- Adjustable wristband prevents cold air getting in and keeps hands warm all day long.
- The outer shell fabric is water resistant.
- Ideal for walking, riding, skiing, snowboarding and more.
- Pros: Anti-slip, windproof and water resistant.
- Cons: Only water resistant, not waterproof.
- Consumer Score: Buyers like these kids gloves with 82% of buyers giving them 4-5 stars out of 5.
OGLOVE Waterproof Thermal Sports Gloves for Kids
- Waterproof and windproof gloves.
- Touchscreen sensitive fingertips so you can use smartphone.
- Waterproof even in heavy rain.
- Protects your hands from cutting wind and freezing rain.
- Multi-sport versatility.
- Pros: Touchscreen sensitive, waterproof and thermal, suitable for sports.
- Cons: Not too many.
- Consumer Score: These kids waterproof gloves are with 70% of buyers giving them 5 stars out of 5.
7-Mi Kids Winter Waterproof Warm Gloves
- Adjustable straps for the perfect fit and to lock in warmth.
- Quick link makes it easy to snap the mittens together or to coat to avoid loosing them.
- Tough grip palms are great for skiing, snowboarding, sledding and any winter sports.
- Integrated waterproof membrane prevents snow and water from seeping through the seams.
- Pros: Anti-slip palm, waterproof, windproof and snow-proof.
- Cons: Only available in pink or blue.
- Consumer Score: These kids waterproof gloves are a popular choice with 82% of buyers giving them 4-5 stars out of 5.
The North Face Children’s Youth Etip Gloves
- Made of stretchy material which will keep kids hands in a relaxed position.
- Etip functionality allows wearer to use touchscreen devices without taking the gloves off.
- Four-way stretch fleece for warmth and comfort
- Machine washable
- Pros: Touchscreen sensitive, windproof.
- Cons: Really expensive.
- Consumer Score: These kids waterproof gloves are a popular choice with 75% of buyers giving them 4-5 stars out of 5.
Mountain Warehouse Kids Ski Gloves
- Snow proof gloves treated with durable water repellent coating.
- Fleece lining for extra warm and comfort.
- Stretch cuff for a comfortable and secure fit.
- Textured palms for improved grip.
- Handy clips to keep gloves together or to clip to coat.
- Pros: Really warm, ideal for the snow, textured palm for grip.
- Cons: Not many colour choices.
- Consumer Score: These kids waterproof gloves are a popular choice with buyers giving them mostly 5 stars out of 5.
Keepdry 500 Gloves
- Made from thick and warm material with fleece lining.
- Grip zones on the palm to make ball handling easier. Ideal for football in the cold weather.
- Customer feedback says they are comfortable to wear.
- Pros: Comfortable, good grip for ball games.
- Cons: Not many colour choices.
- Consumer Score: Buyers love these gloves with an average star rating of 4.7/5.
Waterproof Fleece-Lined Mittens
- Fully waterproof mittens for kids.
- Fleece lined for warmth.
- Extra long guards to wear under jacket cuffs and to stop small kids pulling them off.
- Elasticated wrists with adjustable strap.
- Mitten clips that easily attach to jackets and all-in-ones. Can clip together when not in use.
- Pros: Fully waterproof and fleece lined so warm and cosy.
- Cons: Only available for babies and younger kids.
- Consumer Score: Buyers like these gloves with an average star rating of 3.5/5.
Cheap Kids Waterproof Gloves & Today’s Bestsellers
What To Consider When Buying Kids Waterproof Gloves
Protection From The Elements
Make sure the gloves you choose are made of materials that have high insulating or thermal properties so they keep their hands warm in the cold weather.
They need to be waterproof so that they keep their hands completely dry even when they play in the snow or take part in winter sports such as skiing.
Are They Breathable?
Most waterproof coatings reduce the breathability of gloves, causing the hands to sweat and feel uncomfortable, so check that there is some breathability to them for comfort.
Are They Durable?
You want the gloves to be durable and not fall apart after one use, so make sure you choose quality well-made gloves which are made of materials which will stand the test of time.
Kids are going to want gloves which are stylish and well designed. Why not choose a pair which your kids will love to wear. If they prefer mittens opt for these or if they prefer fingers in the gloves let them make the decision so they are more likely to wear them. There are different options including a mixture of both mittens and gloves so choose which work best for your child.
Make sure the gloves are neither too big or too small. Kids want to feel comfortable and not restricted.
FAQ’s Kids Waterproof Gloves
Waterproof gloves are usually coated or have special insert layers that repel water to keep hands dry in rain and snow.
If you want proper waterproof gloves you need to make sure you don’t just opt for water resistant gloves as the water will seap through these in wet conditions.
They are an essential part of their outdoor clothing as they will keep little hands warm and dry whilst they have fun outside.
Some gloves will come with a waterproof rating. Anything between 1,500mm-5,000mm is suitable for everyday wear and for more extreme weather a rating of up to 10,000mm is recommended.
Mittens keep fingers together in one space and they can be more efficient at keeping children’s hands warm. They are also easier to put on and take off.
Gloves give kids the ability to do more with their hands so for toddlers mittens are probably the best option and for older children who do more with their hands gloves are more favourable.
My top pick are the Azarxis Kids Snow Gloves as they are lightweight and moisture-wicking, but still have soft, warm fleece inside to keep little hands warm.
I hope this list of the best kids waterproof gloves was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Last Updated: January 2022
- Added ‘How We Selected.’
- Updated Top Picks.
- Added links to internal and external websites.
- Added Pros/Cons on all products.
- Added FAQ’s.
- Moved unavailable products to bottom of article.
- Added Final Thought.
Kids Waterproofs & Outdoor Clothing
VBIGER Kids Ski Gloves Ski Mittens (currently unavailable)
No products found.
- Water repellent gloves which protect your kid’s hands against rain and snow.
- Perfect for skiing, skating and other outdoor sports in rainy and snowy conditions.
- With soft cotton interlayer and thick fleece lining for warmth.
- Coated with tear-resistant PU leather on palm, which provides added friction.
- Elastic wrist strap and adjustable cuff to stop drafts.
- Reflective strip for good visibility in the dark.
- Excellent 4.6/5 star rating based on 597 customer reviews.
VBIGER Kids Ski Gloves (currently unavailable)
No products found.
- Splash-proof gloves which protect kids hands against rain and snow.
- Ideal for outdoor activities like skiing and skating.
- Soft cotton interlayer and thick fleece lining ensure maximum warmth.
- Designed with abrasion-resistant PU leather on the palm to add friction and make them non-slip.
- With elasticated cuffs and adjustable buckles for snug fit.
- Reflective strip and safe hook buckle to provide better visibility in the dark.
- Excellent 4.5/5 star rating based on 811 customer reviews.