For this post, I have put together a collection of the best electric blankets (double) available. See all of my top picks for the best heated clothing.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Silentnight Comfort Control Double Electric Blanket
- Best On A Budget: Cosi Home Premium Comfort Double Electric Blanket
- Best Fitted: Homefront Fully Fitted Electric Blanket
- Best Dual Control: Dreamland Intelliheat+ Sherpa Dual Double Electric Blanket
- Best In Fleece: Cosi Home Electric Heated Throw & Over Blanket
- Best Multi-Zone: Slumberdown Wonderfully Warm Multi-Zone Electric Blanket
- Best Heated Throw: Mia&Coco Electric Heated Blanket
- Best Allergy Free: No products found.
Keep warm and cosy this winter with an electric blanket. There are plenty of options from fleece to fitted and over blankets to throws.
We’ve handpicked the best double electric blankets. All of our recommendations have excellent customer reviews and 4-5/5 star ratings.
Wish you could take your electric blanket out with you on cold mornings? Check out our guide to the best heated jackets.
So here is my list of the the best double electric blankets.
Silentnight Comfort Control Double Electric Blanket
- You can choose from three different heat settings on this electric blanket to make your bed just the right temperature for you.
- It is completely machine washable and memory foam compatible.
- BEAB approved which means it is safe to use with a low energy consumption rate.
- Available in double/ king/ single.
- Size: Double 120 x 135 cm.
- Brilliant reviews. From 21,422 ratings 74% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Cosi Home Premium Comfort Double Electric Blanket
- With 3 different heat settings the temperature can be easily adjusted on this heated blanket using the remote control.
- Integrated corner ties mean you can securely fit this blanket to your double bed.
- Fully machine washable and can be tumble dried on a cool setting.
- Size: Double 120 x 135 cm.
- Available in double/ king/ single.
- Great reviews. From 8,517 ratings 70% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Homefront Fully Fitted Electric Blanket
- This electric blanket fits with a deep, elasticated skirt so you can be sure it will stay in place.
- It’s fully-fleece lined which makes it extra soft and cosy.
- With 9 heat settings and a timer so that you can be sure it switches off when it suits you.
- Dual controls mean that you and your partner can control each side of the blanket independently.
- Size: Double
- Also available in single/ king and double king.
- Really good reviews. From 2,170 ratings 76% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Dreamland Intelliheat+ Sherpa Dual Double Electric Blanket
- A super soft Sherpa electric blanket with easy fit elasticated corner straps to keep it in place.
- It covers the full bed and is also reversible so you can turn it over in the warmer months when you don’t need the super warm Sherpa.
- The detachable control comes with 6 temperature settings and 1h 3h and 9h auto shut off timer. Each side of the blanket can be controlled separately.
- Completely machine washable at 40c and tumble dry safe.
- Size: Double Dual 190 x 137cm.
- Also available in single, double, king and super king.
- Great reviews. From 81 ratings 79% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Cosi Home Electric Heated Throw & Over Blanket
This luxury heated throw has been designed with ultimate comfort in mind and is perfect for keeping you warm and cosy on cold winter nights. This luxurious throw is produced from incredibly soft fleece making it great for snuggling on the sofa with loved ones, or for using on top of your duvet for added comfort.
The throw features 9 fully adjustable temperature settings giving you complete heating flexibility. All settings are controlled from the simple and easy to use remote control that allows you to achieve and maintain your ideal level of warmth. A built-in 9-hour timer, auto off and overheat function make it perfect for using on the sofa or when falling asleep.
- A luxury heated throw to use as an over blanket or perfect for snuggling up on the sofa.
- With 9 fully adjustable temperature settings and an easy-to-use remote control with timer and overheat function.
- Also machine washable.
- Size: Extra Large 160 X 130cm.
- Available in brown, cream, grey and navy/cream.
- Great reviews. From 4,472 ratings 80% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Slumberdown Wonderfully Warm Multi-Zone Electric Blanket
- A heated electric blanket which can focus warmth on your whole body or just your toes.
- It features twin controls for each side of the bed and nine different heat settings, featuring multi-zone heating areas.
- With elasticated straps to keep the blanket firmly in place.
- The super soft, quilted fleece layer makes it comfortable.
- Size: 150cm x Width 120cm.
- Excellent reviews. From 1,481 ratings 73% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Mia&Coco Electric Heated Blanket
- This heated throw with detachable cord will keep you warm on winter days.
- One side is made of soft flannel and the other is sherpa.
- 10 adjustable temperature settings with an automatic timer.
- Machine washable.
- Size: 120x160cm.
- Available in grey.
- Good reviews. From 541 ratings 77% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Monogram AllergyFree Heated Mattress Cover
No products found.
- If you suffer from allergies, then this heated blanket uses HHL Technology for allergy protection.
- It reduces and protects against house dust mites, odour-causing bacteria and mould growth.
- The deep elasticated skirt means it will fit nicely in place and stay put.
- With 6 temperature settings and variable timer with auto shut off after.
- Size: Double 137 x 190 cm.
- Available in double, single, king, super king.
- No products found.. From 24 ratings 68% of buyers gave this 4-5 stars.
FAQ’s Electric Blankets
It is recommended that you use an electric blanket to warm up your bed before you get in and then turn it off before you fall asleep.
According to the London Fire Brigade you should;-
1. Store electric blankets correctly.
2. Unplug blankets before you get into bed.
3. Never use an electric blanket if you have an air flow pressure relief mattress, or use emollient creams.
4. Never use it if you get your blanket wet.
5. Don’t buy second hand.
6. Check regularly for wear and tear and replace after ten years.
If you suffer from arthritis or poor circulation an electric blanket may help to alleviate some of the pain.
Electric Blanket Sale & Today’s Bestsellers
I hope this list of the best double electric blankets was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.