For this post, I have put together a collection of the best bus bunk beds currently available.
UPDATED: 10 November 2020
MY TOP PICK:
If you are looking for a classic red bus bed, I recommend the Julian Bowen London Bunk Bed, because of its classic bright design, detailed features like the movable steering wheel and that it’s very sturdy and high quality materials.
Why settle for a simple single bed when your kids could be going to sleep in one of these fantastic quirky bus beds?
Any of these bus bunk beds will delight them and are perfect for sleepovers.
So here is my list of the the best bus beds. Enjoy!
Julian Bowen London Bus Kids Bunk Bed
- Striking London double decker design with bright red lacquered finish
- Features a movable steering wheel
- Accepts two standard UK single mattresses.
- Sold and secure metal ladder for access to the top bunk (bear in mind the ladder is not reversible).
- Parents love the very sturdy structure (made of hardwood)
- Be prepared for a long assembly time for two people.
- Not loads of room for getting out / into the bottom bunk
- The bold design won’t suit all rooms.
- You can personalise the front name plate sticker for up to 8 characters. (costs extra).
Julian Bowen Campervan Bunk Bed
- Brilliant cool design with lovely detailing
- Also from Julian Bowen this is a campervan theme with surf vibes.
- Features a movable steering wheel.
- Climb the top bunk with a surfboard style ladder (bear in mind the ladder is not reversible).
- Vintage green and white design is more understated than the red bus so is likely to suit more bedroom styles.
- Parents love the sturdiness and build quality. You would expect that with the cost of this bed.
- The straight vertical ladder might take a short while to get used to for your little one.
Moro Cabin Bed Midsleeper with Slide & Campervan Package
- Campervan tent with tunnel and slide setup.
- Extremely solidly constructed from solid pine wood.
- Finished in classic white or contemporary silk grey.
- The ladder is angled and can be placed to the left or right.
- Not supplied with mattress.
- Simple enough to put together, will take 2 hours.
- Kids love the den aspect of it.
- The slide is removable which helps with cleaning.
Route Master London Bus Kids Bunk Bed
- Stunning London Bus bed handmade in the UK by a family company.
- Lots of details across the wheels, ladder and on the back of the bus.
- You can personalise the number plate both front and back.
- This is a large bed measuring 240cm (L) x 101cm (W) x 147cm (H).
- Fits a standard single mattress.
- Available in a huge range of colours which are available on request.
- As they are made to order to expect lead time of 5-7 weeks.
- It is delivered as flatpack with full build instructions. But if you’re spending this much on a bed I would suggest you hire a professional to put it together.