For this post, I have put together a collection of the best heated socks currently available. Alternatively check out my top picks for thermal socks or waterproof socks. See all my buying guides to the best socks.
Our Top Pick
My favourites are the Barchi Heated Battery Operated Socks because they are comfortable, good quality, available in a range of sizes and colours and receive fantastic feedback.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for heated socks.
Battery heated socks are a fantastic way to keep your feet warm in freezing temperatures or, if you suffer from poor circulation.
If your feet are always cold even with thermal socks or merino wool socks you may want to consider these next-level innovative accessories.
How do they work?
Similar to heated gloves they feature battery-operated wiring that heat up. They will keep your feet nice and toasty for hours plus you can set the temperature level of the socks to your liking.
Read through my buying guide – I’ll show you what features to look out for and your key considerations when buying a pair of electric heated sock. You can also read my reviews of the best options out there for women and men. I cover all the top brands.
As well as our reviews we’ve pulled together 1000s of customer reviews so you can make a more informed decision.
So here are my top picks for rechargeable heated socks for women, men and children.
Barchi Heated Battery Operated Socks
- Colours available Black, Grey or Black/Grey.
- Sizes available small, medium, large and extra large.
- 3 Heat Settings.
- Buyers found this comfy and well made.
- . 83% gave these 4 or 5 stars.
- From 53 ratings they score an average of 4.3 out of 5.
Begleri Heated Socks For Men & Women
- 10 hours heating time
- Starts to heat in 1 or 2 seconds.
- Excellent Reviews. 73% of buyers give these 5 stars.
- 2 heating areas at the back and bottom of the feet.
- 3 heat settings from 113F to 158F.
- Sizes available: Large and XL.
- Really nicely packaged.
- From 31 ratings these score an average of 4.3 out of 5.
EEIEER Heated Socks for Men & Women
- Upgraded Heating Element – Covers Instep & Forefoot & Toes
- Made of 90% premium combed cotton and 4% A-grade Spandex plus 6% polyester.
- Colours available black, blue, grey and black/grey.
- 3 Levels Temperature Settings – Super Heated Up to 70°C
- Good reviews. 75% of buyers give these 4 or more stars.
- From 32 ratings these score an average of 4.1 out of 5.
- Reviewers love these for outdoor activities like skiing and cycling.
HonTaseng Rechargeable Electric Socks For Men & Women
- Made with 83% Cotton , 10% Polyester, 7% Lycra Spandex material.
- 3 levels temperature settings.
- The high heat( heating 9 hours), medium heat (heating 12 hours), and low heat (heating 15 hours).
- Most buyers keep them on the hottest setting.
- . 94% give these socks 4 stars or more.
- From 22 ratings they score an average of 4.5 out of 5.
day wolf Heated Electric Socks
- Sizes available S, M, L and XL.
- Colours available black/white, grey and black/grey.
- Made of 80% cotton, 12% polyester fiber, and 8% elastic fiber.
- Very good from buyers. 82% give these socks 5 stars.
- From 147 ratings these score an average of 4.2 out of 5.
RTDEP Heated Socks
- 3 Temperature Settings
- Features a remote so perfect for outdoor activities like fishing.
- Brilliant feedback from buyers. 80% give these socks 5 stars.
- From 14 ratings these score an average of 4.3 out of 5.
HKBTCH Heated Socks
- 3 Temperature Settings – High Grade (40-45C) Middle Grade (35-40C) and Low Grade (25-35C)
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery lasting for 5-6 hours
- Takes around a minute to warm up properly.
- Excellent feedback from buyers. 84% give these socks 5 stars.
- From 449 ratings these score an average of 4.8 out of 5.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
Where To Buy Heated Socks
How To Choose The Best Heated Socks UK (Buyer’s Guide)
The type of heated sock you will choose will depend on how and where you intend to use them. For outdoor use they can be very practical in very cold conditions. If you’re hiking many of you will find a good pair of thermal socks will keep you warm enough. The vigorous movement of walking should keep you warm.
If you’re outside but plan to be stationery for long periods of time then electric socks can be absolutely perfect! For example, this could include fishing, motorcycling, hunting or camping.
You may simply find yourself will very cold feet during the winter months. If you’re looking for a step up from warm merino wool socks or thermal socks then a pair of heated ones may be a fantastic solution. If you suffer from cold feet when sleeping they can be a great solution.
They can also be used if you have poor circulation and there are medical uses including diabetes or hypothyroidism.
The main reason electric socks have grown in popularity is due to improvements in battery technology. Specifically, the ability to fit high powered batteries into a smaller space and that last for some time.
The power of the batteries, of which we’ve included a great range in reviews above will generally determine how long they can keep your feet warm for. If for example you’re off fishing for a day or on a long motorcycle ride then go for batteries that will last 5 or more hours.
Many heated socks let you change the temperature of your socks – usually with up to three setting controls.
The control’s location vary – sometimes on built-in buttons, bluetooth remote control or even via an app on your smartphone!
Selecting your temperature level will depend very much on your personal preference and what activities you are doing. You’ll find some reviewers only use the high setting whereas others are happy using the low setting most of the time. The exact minimum and maximum temperature will vary on each product.
Do remember that the battery will drain quicker the higher the setting you choose.
Choosing a material that you like and is best suited to your needs is key when choosing electric heated socks.
Most socks, and battery powered ones are no exception, are usually made from a number of materials with one being the key makeup. As is normal you’ll find wool is up there with the warmest. Polyester and Cotton mixes are most popular because they provide a performance such as stretching and grip. Cotton is also highly absorbent whilst polyester driest fast.
It’s easy to get distracted with all the bells and whistles on heated socks and forget about actual comfort levels!
Most heated socks are quite long so you get maximum warmth. Keep an eye out for lycra spandex and elastic – these help keep your socks snug but not too tight a fit.
Now onto some common questions when it comes to heated docks.
Heated Socks FAQS
Can You Wash Heated Socks?
Although many manufacturers claim their socks can be washed in a machine you’ll find many reviewers claim damage to their socks and / or batteries.
This is not surprising given that electrical components and water do not mix well!
So we advise against using a machine and instead hand washing your socks – preferably with a mild detergent and lukewarm water.
One tip is to wear your heated socks over a thin pair of normal ones (like bamboo socks). You’ll then won’t need to wash your heated ones as much.
How Do Heated Socks Work?
There’s nothing too technical about the workings of heated socks – like heated gloves they have embedded batteries that transfer heat to thin wiring spread through the sock.
You set the power of these batteries and the corresponding temperature with a controller.
I hope this list of the best heated socks was helpful.
If you think I left any out or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.