For this post, I have put together a collection of the best kids’ suitcases currently available. See my top picks for all the best suitcases.
Our Top Picks
- Best Kids Hard Shell Suitcase: American Tourister Disney Legends Spinner Suitcase
- Best Kids Ride-On Suitcase: Trunki Children’s Ride-On Suitcase: Tipu Tiger
- Best Overall: Samsonite Dream Rider Disney Children’s Luggage
- Best Budget Buy: Skip Hop Zoo Kids Luggage With Wheels
A family holiday starts with the journey! Kids love to be involved in everything and that’s why getting them their own suitcase can really make them feel like they are part of the adventure. From packing it themselves to pulling it along at the airport, a kids suitcase can make travel much more fun and easier for everyone.
How We Selected
When it comes to kids’ luggage, there are plenty of options on the market. From soft shell to hard shell suitcases, ride-on to scooter cases, girly or boyish, there is something out there to suit all tastes as well as being practical.
As a mum of two girls, I know how convenient it can be for your child to have their own luggage. Not only do they enjoy packing their own suitcase, they also enjoy getting involved in transporting it from place to place.
We searched the internet, looking for kids suitcases which have excellent buyers feedback and 4-5/5 star reviews.
Pack these best beach toys for your next holiday with the kids!
Need some tips on how to pack for travel with kids? See the Lonely Planet website.
Here are our top picks of the best kids’ suitcases.
Trunki Children’s Ride-On Suitcase: Tipu Tiger
- Size: 47 x 32 x 21 cm
- The Trunki was created to beat the boredom for travelling toddlers.
- The size means this suitcase can be used as hand luggage.
- Tow strap doubles as shoulder strap when you’re in a rush.
- It has easy to open yet lockable catches, comfy sculpted saddle for kids (of up to 50kg) to ride on, secret compartments, teddy bear seatbelts, horn grips for easy steering and an integrated soft rubber trim to protect little fingers when the case is closing.
- Ideal for holidays, weekend breaks, sleepovers at the grandparents and more.
- Pros: Comfy to ride on, detachable strap to pull/carry suitcase along, secure lockable closures to make sure suitcase stays shut.
- Cons: Children might need help opening the suitcase as the closures are a bit too hard to press.
- Consumer score: Excellent reviews. 89% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Boppi Tiny Trekker Kids Luggage
- Size: 42cm x 30cm x 22cm
- A lightweight, secure, colourful cabin friendly case.
- Come in an array of cute designs which kids will love.
- With elasticated packing straps so all their bits and bobs stay in place.
- 2-height extendable walk along handle makes transport easy and suitable for children of varying ages and heights.
- Available in 11 different designs including dog, penguin, strawberry, dinosaur and more.
- Pros: Easy to pull, retractable handle can be extended to 2 different heights so will grow with your child.
- Cons: Doesn’t come with any locks.
- Consumer score: Great reviews. 76% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Samsonite Dream Rider Disney Children’s Luggage
- Size: 51 x 22 x 37 cm
- Little ones will love this ride-on suitcase with pink and white polka dots and a glittery Minnie bow.
- The durable case has been designed so that kids can ride-on it if they choose to with handy hold on handles.
- Suitable for 3-8 year olds.
- Available in 14 of your kids favourite Disney character designs.
- Pros: Integrated footrest and handles, comes with a retractable pull handle and removable shoulder strap.
- Cons: Pricey.
- Consumer score: Brilliant reviews. 83% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
CarGoSeat Booster And Suitcase
- Size: 39.5 x 40.6 x 14.8 cm
- Clever car booster seat which also turns into a lightweight wheeled case with pull-along handle.
- The washable seat pad and fully plastic body makes it easy to keep clean.
- Perfect for flights, holidays, sleep-overs and days out.
- Pros: Handy for car travel, easy to keep clean.
- Cons: Not much room for packing.
- Consumer score: Good reviews. 68% of buyers gave this 4-5/5 stars.
Skip Hop Zoo Kids Luggage With Wheels
- Size: 30.1 x 13.9 x 41.0 cm
- Made of sturdy poly-canvas fabric, this pull-along luggage has a cute face which kids will love.
- With a handy front zip pocket with divider to keep snacks and toys in.
- Comes with a retractable handle and a write-on name tag.
- The elastic mesh bottle pocket is handy for keeping a drink on-the-go for your child.
- Available in; Monkey, Fox, Owl, Giraffe, Unicorn, Ladybug & Butterfly.
- Pros: Lots of cute designs available, retractable 13-inch handle to grow with your child.
- Cons: No locks on the zips
- Consumer score: Fab reviews. 84% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Flyte Midi Scooter Suitcase
- Size: 26 x 33 x 48 cm
- A unique case scooter, which combines fun and travel at the same time.
- The pull-along case has its own flip out deck so your child has their own scooter on-the-go!
- The case can also be pulled along or carried.
- Suitable for 4-8 year olds.
- Soft yet sturdy case.
- Available in 11 cute designs including Unicorn, Llama, Dinosaur and more.
- Pros: Scooter folds away and locks in place, good capacity.
- Cons: Suitcase not very durable.
- Consumer score: Very good reviews. 74% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Rockland Safari Hardside Spinner Wheel Luggage
- Size: 22″ x 13.5″ x 9″
- This adult cabin sized hard shell case could be used by slightly older kids, who want to take their own luggage.
- The funky, bright animal print designs look grown up but are also young and fresh at the same time.
- With multi-directional double spinner wheels.
- Telescoping handles.
- Pros: More grown up design for older kids, adults could use this too.
- Cons: Pricey, not ideal for younger kids.
- Consumer score: Excellent reviews. 84% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Kids Suitcase Deals & Today’s Bestsellers
What To Consider When Buying A Kids Suitcase
- Is the suitcase light enough for your child to pull along? You want something suitable to their age range.
- Do the wheels roll and turn easily? This will make your travel experience so much easier.
- Does it have enough space for their toys/clothes etc?
- Is it durable? Look at reviews to see what other buyer’s think of the product.
- Is it multi-purpose? i.e. Can it be used as a scooter, booster seat, ride-on etc.
- Does it have handy compartments? Are there interior or exterior pockets, which are ideal for books or toys.
- Is it comfortable for kids to carry/ pull? Are the straps padded? Is the handle moulded for comfort.
FAQ’s Kids Suitcases
Yes, in most cases but we always recommend you check with your airline before travelling.
Always opt for something which is suited to the age of your child. Refer to manufacturers guidelines. You want your child to be able to pull along/ ride on etc nice and easily.
They are more pricey, but they are also excellent for a child as they add a fun element, plus your child always has a seat available, which comes in handy if you are at a busy airport and they need somewhere to sit.
My preferred suitcases for kids are the ride on options, which are durable, fun and practical at the same time.
If you have any more suggestions or think I have missed anything out please let me know in the comments below.
Last Updated: February 2022
- Added Top Picks.
- Updated Image.
- Added ‘How We Selected.’
- Added Pros/Cons on all products.
- Added FAQ’s.
- Added Alternative Retailers.
- Added Final Thought.
- Moved unavailable products to bottom of page.
Suitcase Buying Guides
Aerolite Minimax Trolley Bag (currently unavailable)
- Size: 45 x 35 x 20 cm
- This is a lightweight trolley bag on rolling wheels with retractable telescopic handle.
- It also has an optional backpack feature with adjustable straps.
- Airline approved.
- The front pouch is perfect for your child’s favourite cuddly toy.
- Very good reviews. From 500 ratings 77% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Stephen Joseph Kids Classic Rolling Luggage (currently too expensive)
- Size: 14.5″x 18″x 6.5″
- Soft shell luggage available in plenty of kid-friendly designs.
- With multiple pockets and plenty of space to pack.
- With an extendable handle so it’s easy to pull along.
- Number 1 bestseller on Amazon in Kids Luggage.
- Available in 19 designs including football, mermaids, horses, dinosaurs and more.
- Very good reviews. From 3,787 ratings 82% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.
Pelliani Suitcase (currently unavailable)
- Size: 40 x 30 x 17 cm
- A vintange style but super modern case made of vegan material.
- The padded reinforced corners make it extra durable.
- The interior has dividers on both sides and a small fabric compartment.
- The wheels are on castors so they swivel and there is a telescopic handle with two height adjustments.
- Zip is smooth and easy for children to unzip.
- Ideal for 3 years and up.
American Tourister Kids’ Disney Softside Upright Suitcase (currently unavailable)
- Size: 19.48″ x 13.18″ x 7.87″
- Pink Disney Princesses suitcase for little girls.
- Upright hard-side suitcase made from lightweight materials.
- With single spinner wheels making it easy to pull along.
- The tube pull handle is ergonomically designed.
- The interior is fully lined and has straps to hold clothing in place plus a zip around divider that creates two separate packing compartments.
- Great reviews. From 2,086 ratings 87% of buyers gave this 5/5 stars.