For this post, I have put together a collection of the best kitchen scales currently available.
Our Top Picks
- Best value: Salter 1036 Silver
- Best scales for larger weights: Salter 1160 BKDR.
- Best scales for bread makers: Exzact EX4350
- Best precision scales: Heston Blumenthal 1140 HBBKDR
- Best scales for small spaces: Joseph Joseph TriScale Kitchen Scales
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for the best kitchen scales.
A good set of kitchen scales is a must have item for every cook.
The set you choose will depend greatly on your setup and how you plan to use them.
If you’re going to be using the scales very regularly you’ll want to look into stainless steel ones with durable casing. Ones made of glass or more brittle plastic will not go the distance.
If you’re not a master baker or chef and only occasional use then you may wish to consider ones that are smaller or can even be folded away.
I’ve gone into more detail below my top picks below on the key points to consider when buying a set of digital kitchen scales.
I’ve looked at a great number of scales and pored through their reviews to bring you the very best scales for all types of kitchen and cooking and baking requirements.
So here is my list of the the best digital kitchen scales.
Salter Kitchen Scales
Salter created the first kitchen scales and even today they still make some of the best out there.
Salter 1036 Silver Digital Kitchen Scales
#1 Bestselling slim, stylish and sturdy performer.
- Exceptional reviews. 78% give this 5 stars.
- From a massive 12,253 purchases this scores 4.6 out of 5.
- Large easy to read display.
- Add and weigh multiple ingredients in one bowl for super quick food prep.
- Weight limit: 5kg
- Dimensions: 16 x 18 x 2.1 centimetres
- Colours available: Silver (pictured), Green, White, Black and 260th Anniversary Scale.
Salter 1160 BKDR Glass Electronic Digital Kitchen Scales
Excellent option for large loads.
- Measures up to 10kg.
- Push buttons on side instead of touch screen controls makes for easier controls and less chance of mess on the buttons.
- 73% of buyers gave this 5 stars.
- From 489 purchases this scores 4.5 out of 5.
- Dimensions 18.6 x 4 x 25 centimetres.
- Display is bright red and easy to read.
- Only requires two AAA batteries.
Dual Kitchen Scales
Taylor Pro Digital Kitchen Food Scales
Competitively priced dual scales.
- 20 year guarantee.
- Very well reviewed. 76% of buyers give this 5 stars.
- From 277 ratings it scores 4.6 out of 5.
- Dimensions measure 27 x 18.5 x 2.5 cm.
- Powered by 2 x AAA batteries.
- Platform 1 capacity: 5 kg / 5 l (11 lbs).
- Platform 2 capacity: 500 g / 500 ml (1 lb).
- Scales only weigh 519g.
- Very precise display, particularly on platform 2 measuring hundredths of a gram.
Procook Kitchen Scales
ProCook Conversion Table Glass Digital Scales
Good performing slimline scales with handy conversion charts.
- 100% of buyers gave these scales 4 or more out of 5.
- Conversion table is clearly displayed on the scales.
- Conversions include Spoons to ml, Cups to ml and oz, and oven temps (C, Gas, and F).
- Built-in timer.
- Non-slip feet, weighs up to 5kg (11lb). Item weight: 600g.
- Requires 2 x AAA batteries.
Digital Kitchen Scales For Bread
Exzact EX4350 Electronic Kitchen Scale
Large digital scales with mixing bowl ideal for bread makers.
- Exceptional reviews. 84% of buyers award these scales 5 stars.
- Bestselling large scales scores 4.7 out of 5 from 8,173 purchases.
- 1 year warranty.
- Dimensions 19.5 x 17.8 x 3.8 centimetres.
- Large LCD display: 5.8 cm x 2.7 cm.
- Detachable large stainless steel mixing bowl
- 5kg measuring capacity.
- Common feedback is their all round features, accuracy and value for money.
Morphy Richards Kitchen Scales
Morphy Richards 3-in-1 Digital Scales with Jug
Multi-functional that doubles up as a jug, bowl, mixing bowl with scales.
- Weight limit 5kg.
- Excellent reviews. 75% of buyers give this 5 stars.
- From 688 purchases this scores an average of 4.5 out of 5.
- Colours available include red (pictured), graphite and black.
- Bowl design features engraved measurement scale for accurate measuring.
Precision Digital Kitchen Scales
Heston Blumenthal Precision Kitchen Cooking Scales 1140 HBBKDR by Salter
If you’re a keen chef then this is an excellent choice for precise measuring.
- Fantastic reviews. 77% of buyers give this 5 stars.
- From 545 ratings this scores 4.6 out of 5.
- Measuring all the way to 5 kg in 0.5 g increments.
- Item weight: 0.52 Kilograms.
- Dimensions: 17 x 4.9 x 21.8 centimetres.
- Large, easy to read display.
Brifit Digital Pocket High-Precision Scales
Budget option if you’re looking for high precision scales.
- Colours available include Silver (pictured), Black Green, Red or Yellow.
- Weighing range: 0.05~500g (Accuracy: 0.01g).
- Bestselling budget precision scales with outstanding reviews.
- 72% give these 5 stars and from 2,401 ratings these score 4.4 out of 5.
- Common feedback is these are very precise, easy to use and fantastic value for money.
Small Kitchen Scales
Joseph Joseph TriScale Kitchen Scales
If you’re short on space and dry scales are sufficient these are a very good option.
- Brilliant reviews. 77% of buyers give these 5 stars.
- From 1,559 ratings these score 4.6 out of 5.
- Weighs up to 5kg.
- Folds up and fits inside cutlery drawer.
- Three legs fold out and lock into place for use.
- Three legs provide a secure stand for measuring bowls and plates.
- Accurate if small readout display.
- Only weigh 150 grams.
Smart Bluetooth Digital Kitchen Scales
AIRMSEN EC816-BT Food Scale
If you’re looking for a device that can help you easily monitor intake, calculate calorie, and store nutritional data this is a good value option.
- Excellent reviews. 75% of buyers give this 5 stars.
- From 108 purchases this scores 4.4 out of 5.
- Accurately weigh anything between 3g and 5000g.
- Bluetooth app support.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
What To Consider When Buying Kitchen Scales
You’ll want to choose scales that will be able to accurately measure the loads. Most of the ones I’ve recommended can measure up to 5kg. Some go up to 10kg.
The key factor. If it can’t measure accurately (and over a long period of time) then it and the other features are pretty useless!
Depending on how accurate you need things to be, you can choose a set of scales that will measure up to the gram or even less.
Most of the scales I’ve recommended can accurately measure all sorts of unites, including millilitres.
Having a large, bright and clear readable display is really important.
Ease of Cleaning
You’ll want something that is not too detailed with lots of small parts. Something you can wipe clean quickly and easily.
I hope this list of the best digital kitchen scales was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.