For this post, I have put together a collection of the best pestle and mortars currently available. For all my recommended accessories see my list of kitchenware.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for pestle and mortars.
Pestle and Mortars have been used since ancient times to prepare ingredients by crushing and grinding them into a fine paste or powder in the kitchen.
They are ideal for grinding spices to make marinades and meat rubs or even to make pesto and guacamole.
We’ve selected 10 of the best mortars and pestles available on the market.
Let’s get started!
Marble Mortar and Pestle – Green (Fox Run)
- Made of beautiful and durable green marble.
- It has a traditional look and the inside of the mortar is unpolished for superior results.
Le Creuset Stone Pestle and Mortar -Almond
- High quality enamelled stoneware pestle and mortar.
- Oven proof and freezer proof.
- Microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Comes in a range of attractive colours and is easy to clean.
Jamie Oliver Pestle and Mortar – Granite
- Mortar polished on the outside while the inside has been left unpolished to give an ideal surface for grinding both wet and dry ingredients.
- The pestle has been polished along the edge for comfort in the hand and left unpolished on the end to effectively grind even the toughest ingredients.
Cole and Mason Pestle and Mortar – Black Granite
- Large solid granite pestle and mortar ideal for creating and serving freshly made wet or dry mixes, pastes or sauces.
- The mortar is shaped to be comfortably cupped in the hand and the heavy-weight base makes it easy to use with even the toughest of ingredients.
Stainless Steel Large Mortar & Pestle, Heavy Duty
- Double stainless steel pestle and mortar is extremely durable and compact.
- Functional design with non-skid base and heavy-duty pestle press.
- Stain, odour and crack resistant.
ProCook Granite Pestle & Mortar
No products found.
- Straight sided mortar and pestle sets hand crafted from solid, pure granite.
- Extra deep bowls featuring unpolished interiors and matching pestles with unpolished ends to finely grind.
ProCook Chocolate Marble Pestle & Mortar
No products found.
- Made from a dark chocolate marble coloured granite, this pestle and mortar is heavy duty and looks luxury.
- Hand wash only as not dishwasher safe.
Ironwood Gourmet Mortar and Pestle, Acacia Wood, Brown
- Made from acacia wood, known for its unique and natural contrasting patterns.
- Unique, pre-Columbian design that will look great in any kitchen.
- Effective at reducing herbs, spices and nuts to powders or pastes.
Argos Pestle and Mortar – Granite
- Made of granite, heavy and sturdy, so it is stable when grinding.
- Dishwasher safe.
Pestle and Mortar Set by Stanley Rogers
Marble heavy duty pestle and mortar. Excellent quality and good size.
Why Do I Need A Pestle & Mortar?
Nowadays electric food processors often take the place of a traditional pestle and mortar, but they are actually a cost efficient and practical piece of kitchen equipment, especially if you enjoy cooking with herbs and spices.
What Can You Use A Pestle & Mortar For?
- Curry pastes
- Flavoured salts
- Dips like hummus or guacamole
- Spice blends
Where To Buy Online (Best Retailers)
In our product reviews above I’ve linked to Amazon because they tend to have good stock levels at competitive process. I do strongly checking these recommended retailers below.
- Buy Pestle & Mortars from eBay
- Buy Pestle & Mortars from Lakeland
- Buy Pestle & Mortars from Wayfair
- Buy Pestle & Mortars from John Lewis
- Buy Pestle & Mortars from Argos