For this post, I have put together a collection of the best kids karaoke machines currently available.
Our Top Picks
For the best overall I recommend the Singing Machine Kid's SMK1010 Pedestal Karaoke Machine because it comes with a stand (that can be adjusted for all ages, or removed if taking to friends), it’s powered by mains or battery, has six voice changing effects and has excellent sound quality. There’s also two microphones so no arguing who is using it!
For a good value budget machine you could consider the Shinepick 4-in-1, this single microphone has excellent features for the price, is a bestseller with very good reviews and available in lots of colours.
Looking to kick start your child’s love of music with a karaoke machine but not sure where to start?
Don’t worry – I’ve reviewed all the best karaoke machines for kids, and what to consider, to help you pick the perfect model for your family.
So here is my list of the the best karaoke machines for kids.
Singing Machine CDG Karaoke Player
- This is a standout portable player with a slick great looking design.
- Disco light effect and sound controls for balance, echo and auto voice.
- Lots of playing features through the the top loaded CDG player but can also be linked up to any Bluetooth enabled phones, MP3 players and tablets.
Singing Machine SMK250BG Bluetooth Sing Along Karaoke Machine
Fantastic choice of karaoke machine if the children like to do duets.
- Has good sound features including echo and tone control to adjust their voices.
- You will need to buy the second microphone.
- Top feature are the mood lights that automatically change depending on the music being played.
- Powered completely through Bluetooth so you can connect to any device like a smartphone or tablet.
- Can use both AC outlet or batteries.
Singing Machine Kid’s Pedestal Kids Karaoke System
If you’re after a pedestal option this Singing Machine performs really well.
- The flexibility of the stand’s height is great for accommodation children of all ages.
- The pedestal can also be removed if you want to take it easily to friend’s houses. Both battery or mains operated.
- There are six-voice changing effects that will entertain the kids ranging from robot to chipmunk.
- Surprisingly loud volume from the inbuilt 4 speakers. Excellent record and playback feature.
- Two microphones are supplied so no arguing who over uses it!
VTech Kidi Star Music Magic Microphone
All in one with microphone and built-in speaker.
- Handy ‘Music Magic’ mode lets you reduce the vocal track from songs.
- Kids will enjoy the numerous voice changing effects, sound effects and more than 50 tunes and songs.
The Singing Machine Disco Light Karaoke System
Top selling karaoke machine that acts as a disco ball.
- These brightly coloured LED lights flash to the rhythm of the music.
- Each microphone jack as separate voice controls – handy for duets where you want one lead singer and a backing singer.
- Includes a fun record and replay feature so the little ones can see how close they sound to their music heroes!
- Lots of connectivity options – connect to the your TV to show lyrics and video effects.
- Simple to attach to smartphones or tablets to widen your choice of music.
VTech Kidi Super Star
Lots of versatility with this VTech karaoke machine.
- This includes eight built-in songs and lots of karaoke games including dancing, tongue twisters and virtual instruments.
- You can even record yourself and play it back with different sound effects.
- If you plan to use through the mains you’ll need to purchase a separate AC adapter.
- No CD player so you will need to use the 3.5mm jack to connect to a smartphone or MP3 player.
Disney Frozen Karaoke Set
If Frozen is still a hit in your house then this could be a winner.
- The Frozen design features Anna, Elsa and Olaf and there’s flashing lights along the front when you switch it on.
- You get a Frozen CD with two songs: Let It Go and Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?
- You can use your own karaoke CDs or connect it up to your smartphone or MP3 player.
- The microphone has buttons for master volume, mic volume, echo effect and the flashing lights.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
What To Consider Before Buying
These will vary according to personal preference, how many children you have that will b e using it, what age they are and the type of music they are into.
Mains or Battery or Both
Are you going to be taking it on holiday and away from the family home? Ensure you get one that will run on batteries.
Thankfully, most karaoke machines are both battery powered but also run off an AC adapter.
External Music Source
To save having to buy karaoke CDs ensure your karaoke machine has a 3.5mm jack.
This will allow you to connect the karaoke machine up to an MP3 player or phone – and as a result you’ll have access to an unlimited number of songs. Another option is to go for a machine that has Bluetooth connectivity.
Taking a karaoke machine to a sleepover is loads of fun so you’ll need to make sure you choose a machine best suited to taking to a friend’s house. The most important factors are:
Rechargeable Batteries – make sure the machines takes batteries and save a fortune getting rechargeable ones.
Lightweight – check the weight of your preferred machines
Compactness – many of the karaoke machines have been designed with this in mind.
Let’s face it, your child may not have the voice of an angel. I know all mine don’t!
Some machines will have functionality to enhance the sound of their voice. This lends itself to a better overall experience, your child’s confidence will be improved and they will likely then use the machine more.
The controls include the Echo (sound depth), Bass (give them lower tones) and Tempo (speed of the song).
If you have a young child and they are not the best reader yet, getting a machine with a large screen can make a big difference.
You can also opt for a product that has no screen but rather connects to a good quality TV screen.
Audio Recording – many machines will allow your child to record their tracks.
Video Recording – some will record a video with a built in camera. Giving your child the opportunity to see themselves performing can be great fun and encourage them to use the karaoke machine even more.
Editing – Many machines let you connect up to a computer so you can edit the recording and then share it for more laughs to their extended family or friends.
Sometimes a lot of functionality is not the best idea. If there are lots of buttons involved to access your child’s song then it may deter them from using the machine.
This is more likely if you have a young child so a no frills type machine may be preferred. Another thought is volume – if you’re children are older then having a louder machine would be more preferable than for a younger child.
There are multiple ways to connect the karaoke machine to a TV. Some include Bluetooth, USB or RCA cable.
If it has Bluetooth connectivity you should be able to link it to your tablet, smartphone or computer.
Number of microphones
This depends on how many children you have. Even if you have just the one looking at two microphones might still be a good idea.
This means your child can invite a friend to join on the fun during a sleepover or birthday party. Or you may simply want to join your child in a duet!
Check the karaoke machine for number of microphone jacks.
How Does Singing Benefit Your Child?
Singing an help improve your child’s cardiovascular system and increased the oxygenation of the blood. It also helps control their breathing better.
Both of these improvements can reduce the chance of illness and improve their alertness.
Singing can boost your child’s self esteem by giving them confidence in groups of people – be it family or friends. It can also them bond with their social network.
It’s a fantastic way for them to express themselves and feel happier through the release of hormones related to feeling good e.g. dopamine and endorphins.
Singing is a form of natural therapy and when a child sings, their auditory network is stimulated.
This allows your child to process sounds which then enables to replicate them later. Singing regularly can help improve a child’s memory and concentration.
I hope this list of the best kids karaoke machines was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.