Our Top Picks
- Best Value Instant Lighting Lumpwood Charcoal: Big K Instant Light
- Best Instant Lighting Lumpwood Charcoal: Bar-Be-Quick Instant Light
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for Lumpwood Charcoal.
Are you gearing up for BBQ season or mid way through a need a top up of fuel?
If you’re firing up a charcoal BBQ or an outdoor pizza oven, you have two main choices –
When it comes to charcoal you have two main choices – briquette charcoal or lumpwood charcoal.
Briquettes more commonly sold in stores like supermarkets or corner shops.
Lumpwood is often preferred by the BBQ purists for its taste.
It’s made from burning wood, usually in a brick oven, with restricted oxygen to remove all the impurities, sap and any moisture.
In this article I look at the best reviewed lbest brands and buys specifically for charcoal briquettes. See my separate guide to my top picks for the best lumpwoord charcoal.
Further down the article, I explain the main differences between briquette charcoal or lumpwood charcoal. – ultimately what best to choose is down to a personal preference and what you plan to cook.
Or if you’re looking for the perfect shelter to cook no matter the weather, see my guide to the best BBQ shelter.
So here is my list of the the best lumpwood charcoal.
The prices can vary greatly on these so you may need to shop around!
Weber Lumpwood Charcoal
- Ready to use in 15 minutes.
- Made of beech, hornbeam, birch and oak.
- 100 percent natural raw materials for pure taste.
- Many owners of Weber barbecues are also big fans of their charcoal.
Weber Lumpwood Charcoal 5 kg
- Great reviews. From 168 ratings, 74% give it 5 out of 5.
Weber Lumpwood Charcoal 10 kg
- Very good reviews. From 168 ratings, 74% give it 5 out of 5.
Big K Lumpwood Charcoal
- Big K is a highly rated charcoal brand and they product two main types, lumpwood charcoal and restaurant grade charcoal.
- Ready to cook within 30 minutes, with up to 90 minute cooking time
- Packed in waterproof bags
- 100% natural lumpwood charcoal
Big K Lumpwood Charcoal 5 kg
- Excellent reviews. From 82 ratings, 73% give this 5 stars.
Big K Lumpwood Charcoal 10 kg
- Great reviews. From 407 purchases, 75% give it 5 out of 5 stars.
Big K Lumpwood Restaurant Grade Charcoal 12 kg
- Restaurant grade lumpwood charcoal is higher quality and still lightweight.
- Good reviews. From 361 purchases, 70% of buyers gave this 5 stars.
Big K Lumpwood Restaurant Grade Charcoal 15 kg
- Fantastic feedback. From 765 buyers, 75% gave this 5 stars out of 5.
Big K Lumpwood Charcoal 20 kg
- 4 bags of 5kg, so use one and store the rest away.
- Very positive feedback. From 124 ratings, 71% gave this 5 stars.
Kamado Joe Lumpwood Charcoal
No products found.
- Fab reviews. From No products found., 76% give this 5 stars out of 5.
Instant Light Lumpwood Charcoal
Bar-Be-Quick Instant Light Lumpwood Charcoal, 13.5kg
- You get 10 packs each with 1.35kg per bag.
- Ready for cooking in just 20 minutes.
- Kept in its own paper bag which is simply placed on the barbecue and lit using a long match or a BBQ lighter.
- Burns for up to 90 minutes.
- Recommended Usage: 1 x 1.35kg bag per average 17″ (43.2 cm) barbecue
- On the pricey side.
- Fantastic reviews. From 320 buyers, 82% give it 5 stars.
Big K Instant Light Lumpwood Charcoal, 4x1kg Bags Instant BBQ Charcoal
- No.1 bestselling charcoal – not just the instant type!
- Top seller because of its quality and price.
- It’s packed into 1kg dust proof bags, perfect for a small home BBQ.
- 15/20 mins to reach temp, heat lasts at temp for cooking meat for about 40 mins to an hour, depending on weather and wind.
- Great reviews. From over 1,000 reviews 89% give them 4 or 5 stars out of 5.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
I hope this list of the best Lumpwood Charcoal was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.