For this post, I have put together a collection of the best baby sleeping bags. For all my recommended newborn product guides, with top picks, see my list of baby essentials.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for baby sleeping bags.
MY TOP PICK:
My top pick is the MORI Clever Sleeping Bag as it is high quality and super-soft and will last from birth, right up until your baby is around 2 years old. Made from organic cotton and bamboo it comes prettily packaged so would make a lovely new baby gift.
A baby sleeping bag is a great alternative to a blanket as it can help keep baby warm, cosy and secure at bedtime without them kicking it off or pulling it up over their head.
To make sure the sleeping bag you’re buying meets safety standards always look for the ‘BS 8510: 2009’ label.
We’ve put together our top 6 picks of the best baby sleeping bags, all of which have excellent customer reviews with a majority of 4-5 star ratings.
Mums-to-be or new parents will also find our guide to the Top 100 Baby Products super useful.
So here is my list of the the best baby sleeping bags.
Best Baby Sleeping Bags
The Gro Company Minnow Adventure Grobag 0-6 Months, 0.5 Tog
- A great on-the-go sleeping bag with handy opening which allows car seat and pushchair harness to pass through.
- Market leader in product safety and quality standards.
- Recommended by The Lullaby Trust.
- Safety features include double shoulder poppers, zip click covers, underarm poppers for small babies, secret seams and chin guards to prevent rubbing.
- Premium 100% cotton.
- Pretty blue print with minnows.
- Parents love this baby sleeping bag – 93% of 868 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
SnuzPouch Sleeping Bag 6-18m, 1.0 Tog
- Features a semi-circular front zip, which means you can easily unzip and change baby’s nappy without waking him or her up.
- Side zip and shoulder poppers make it easy to put a fidgety baby into the sleeping bag without fuss.
- 1.0 tog, for warm summer temperatures of 21-23 degrees c (69-74 degrees f).
- Made of oeko-tex 100 certified cotton which is machine washable and tumble dryer safe.
- Available in prints; Cloud/ Geo Mono.
- Parents love this baby sleeping bag – 96% of 100 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Tommee Tippee The Original Grobag 6-18m, 0.2 Tog
- Made from super-soft cotton-rich fabric with accurate tog ratings.
- Easy two-way zip opening for speedy night time nappy changes.
- Available in 0.2 Tog/ 1.0 Tog/ 2.5 Tog.
- Available in 2 sizes 6-18m or 18-36m.
- Parents love this baby sleeping bag – 88% of 208 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
aden + anais Light Sleeping Bag 0-6m, 1.0 Tog
- 100% pre-washed cotton muslin sleeping bag by aden + anais.
- The sleeping bag allows for airflow, helping to reduce the risk of overheating.
- Its convenient zipper opens from the bottom, making night time changes easy.
- Machine washable and stays soft wash after wash.
- Parents love this baby sleeping bag – 88% of 275 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Love To Dream Swaddle UP Original
- Unique swaddle feel sleepsuit which keeps legs in, arms in and zip-up.
- The Patented Arms Up design replicates your baby’s natural sleeping position, allowing them to self-soothe.
- The soft, clingy fabric around the baby replicates the feeling of being in the womb, so great for newborns.
- Quick and easy to take on and off.
- 83% of parents reported an increase in hours slept by their baby when using a Love To Dream swaddle.
- Single layer of fabric helps reduce the risk of your baby overheating.
- Made from super soft cotton and machine washable.
- Available in sizes; Newborn/ Small/ Medium/ Large.
- Available in colours; Grey/ White/ Blue/ Pink.
- Parents love this baby sleeping bag – 88% of 2,442 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
MORI Clever Sleeping Bag One size 0m-2y
- Unique one size fits all, so no need to buy more sleeping bags as your baby grows.
- Made of ultra-soft and thermoregulating 30% Organic Cotton & 70% Bamboo fabric.
- One size suitable from 4kgs – 2years as it has adjustable length for growth.
- With double direction zipper & side shoulder opening with nickel-free poppers for easy changes.
- With seat-belt opening for on-the-go sleeps. Can be used in carseat or pushchair.
- Available in colours; Blue Stripe/ Blush Stripe/ Grey Stripe/ Grey/ Stardust.
- Parents love this baby sleeping bag – 82% of 25 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
What To Consider When Buying A Baby Sleeping Bag
Using a baby sleeping bag means you don’t have to worry about how much bedding to use and it will keep your little one warm all night, no matter how much they kick around.
Baby Sleeping Bag Safety
A baby sleeping bag is less of a suffocation risk than a blanket, but still needs to be used properly.
Always check the baby sleeping bag complies with the British Safety Standard, BS 8510:2009 which ensures the neck opening is sized correctly to prevent baby slipping down inside the bag.
Always check that your baby’s head can’t slip through the shoulder straps and that your baby has plenty of room to kick around.
Make sure you use the correct Tog rating for the time of year. There are different Tog ratings for baby sleeping bags. Some are suitable for year round use and some are for summer or winter.
Are Baby Sleeping Bags Suitable For Newborn Babies?
There are lots of baby sleeping bags specifically designed for newborns.
Check the brand manufacturers instructions for using the sleeping bag safely and make sure the sleeping bag fits baby well around the shoulders so they can’t slip down into it.
Age Of Baby
Sleeping bags come in sizes with recommended age ranges so always go for the correct size for your child’s weight.
Check how the sleeping bag can be put on and removed. If you will be changing nappies during the night an extra zip at the front can come in handy so you don’t have to remove the sleeping bag for changing.
Side zips are also a good option for babies who wriggle around. Shoulder and underarm poppers are ideal to ensure a good fit.
On-The-Go Baby Sleeping Bags
Many parents choose to use sleeping bags when out and about. Some include a vent in the front and back of the sleeping bag to allow for a five-point harness, so that it can be used in a pushchair or a car seat.
I hope this list of the best baby sleeping bags was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Baby Products – Buyer Guides
Sleeping & Nursery
- Moses Basket
- Baby Blanket
- Nursery Curtains
- White Noise Machine
- Baby Sleeping Bag
- Cots & Cot Beds
- Bedside Cribs
- Cot Mobile
- Baby Monitor
- Baby Sleepsuit
- Nursery Furniture Sets
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Baby Highchair
- Nursing Bras
- Sleep Bras
- Bottle Warmer
- Baby Bottle
- Baby Bibs
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pumps
- Nursing chair
Toiletries & Nappy Changing
- Travel stroller
- Baby car mirror
- Baby travel cots
- Double Buggies
- Buggy Boards
- Baby Carrier
- Baby Sling
- Changing Bag
- Baby Carrier
- Best Baby Travel Gear
- Baby reins
- Travel Cot Mattress
- Travel highchair