For this post, I have put together a collection of the best baby car mirrors currently available. For more top picks and buying guides, see my newborn essentials checklist.
MY TOP PICK:
My overall top pick is the baby car mirror from Royal Rascals because it’s good value, simple to install, flexible and stable and has thousands and thousands of 5 star reviews from parents.
Heading out in the car with your baby can be a worrying experience.
It’s not helped that when your child is in their rear-facing seat you can’t see their face and how they are feeling.
A baby car seat mirror solves this issue. You can also make all important eye contact with them at various stages of your journey.
Image: Kid Transit are a UK family run business that make excellent baby car mirrors and other transit products.
So here is my list of the the best baby car mirrors.
Royal Rascals Baby Car Mirror
- Simple to install
- Flexible enough to move into the desired correct position and stays there when going over any bumps in the road.
- Also available in yellow – some parents say this helps grab their attention, others say it’s not necessary.
- Very good value compared to many.
- Bestseller with fantastic reviews. From 7,078 reviews it scores an average of 4.7 out of 5.
- 82% of parents gave this 5 stars.
ONCO Baby Car Mirror
- Award winning rear seat mirror.
- Designed to fit all car headsets and contains three different attachments for all types of car.
- Available in black, blue, red and yellow.
- Large, easy to use and shatterproof.
- #1 bestselling car mirror and well reviewed by parents.
- 4.7 out of 5 is the average score from 5,314 reviews.
Brica by Munchkin Baby In-Sight Firefly Car Mirror
- An option for longer drives and your little one prefers entertainment.
- Music includes 4 entertaining tunes and 4 soothing melodies that are synced with the LED light show.
- The Remote control lets you control the music, lights and volume from the driver’s seat.
- Completely safe and crash tested.
- Unfortunately if your headsets are fixed you will not be able to attach it.
- Brica also make a number of similar models without the entertainment system.
- Very good reviews with an average score of 4.5 out of 5.
- 71% of parents gave this 5 stars.
Maxi-Cosi Back Seat Car Mirror for Babies
- Sometimes simplest is best and this one from Maxi-Cosi is super to set up and adjust.
- The simple design helps it’s reliability – The mount stays where you lock it and the mirror doesn’t wobble.
- Versatile – the simple pivoting hinge makes it a doddle to adjust and gives a wide angle view.
- Will strap to any seat.
- The little ears are super cute too!
- Highly rated by parents with an average of 4.5 out of 5 from 316 ratings.
OMORC Baby Car Mirror
- Another bestselling mirror with the key characteristics of being a good size, easy to fit and adjust.
- 360° Flexible Rotations.
- Parents love this mirror and it scores an average of 4.7 out of 5 from 1,042 ratings.
- A massive 81% give this 5 out of 5.
LittleLife Car Mirror
- If you’d prefer a more minimal mirror to suit the interior of any car then this one from Littlelife is a good option.
- Large convex mirror with simple tilt-angle adjustment.
- Simple to fit and attaches to most vehicle headrests.
- Well reviewed by parents scoring 4.3 out of 5.
Diono Easy View XXL Mirror with Remote and LED
- The stand out features are a remote controlled LED nightlight which can be very useful when driving at night.
- The remote can clip onto the sun visor so it’s always handy.
- The mirror is very large so you can see your whole child.
- link=”B07WJZF553″ title=”Very good reviews from parents” /]. This mirror scores an average of 4.5 out of 5 from 142 ratings.
- 71% of buyers give this 5 stars.
Kid Transit Baby Car Mirror
- Kid Transit are a small UK brand that specialise in transport products for families.
- Easy to install, shatterproof mirror.
- Large viewing range – convex 24.5cm x 17.5cm (9.65″ x 6.9″) mirror that enlarges your viewing angle.
- This is one of the most positively reviewed mirrors we have ever seen.
- From 969 ratings the average score is 4.7 out of 5.
- A convincing 81% of buyers gave this 5 stars.
- Common feedback is that it’s a sturdy, adaptable, tilt-able, good quality mirror.
Cuggl Basic Back Seat Mirror
- You can swivel to any angle and have either landscape or portrait.
- Wide sized adjustable mirror.
- Very simple and quick to install with two straps.
- 97% of Argos buyers would recommend this to other parents.
- It scores an excellent 4.8 out of 5 from 71 reviews.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
Top Tips When Choosing A Mirror
You may wish to choose a convex mirror – this is one that is a little curved and not flat.
This means your mirror can show you a wider area,
Avoid cheap supermarket models. These often use substandard glass that soon lose their clarity and attract smudge.
Ensure you get a mirror that will tighten securely. It will also help to get one that is simple to set up and adjust.
The last thing you want is to hit a road bump or have to quickly stop only for the mirror to fall off.
Most baby car mirrors need a headrest to attach to.
Double check that your potential baby car mirror will work with your headrests.
The most important part of the baby car mirror is that they are shatterproof in the event of an accident.
I hope this list of the best baby car mirrors was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.