For this post, I have put together a collection of the best nipple creams for breastfeeding mums currently available. For all my recommended newborn product guides, with top picks, see my list of baby essentials.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for nipple creams.
MY TOP PICK:
My top pick is the Earth Mama Angel Baby Breast Feeding Natural Nipple Butter as it is lanolin free and not a bit sticky, so it goes on as smoothly as butter. It is also great for anyone with dry, cracked skin.
Breastfeeding has plenty of wonderful benefits for you and your baby, but it can also come with some unwanted side effects for mum such as sore, cracked or painful nipples.
Nipple creams are made especially to reduce the pain caused by breastfeeding and can soothe any dryness, cracking, itchiness and bleeding.
We’ve put together our top 10 picks of the best nipple creams, all of which have excellent customer reviews with a majority of 4-5 star ratings.
Mums-to-be or new parents will also find our guide to the Top 100 Baby Products super useful.
So here is my list of the the best nipple creams.
Best Nipple Cream
Lansinoh HPA Lanolin Nipple Cream
- 100% natural lanolin product.
- No taste, colour or smell and doesn’t need to be removed before breastfeeding your baby.
- Made of a single ingredient making it safe and pure for mum and baby.
- Can also be used for nappy rash, dry skin and as a moisturising lip balm.
- 40ml tube.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 92% of 16,498 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Weleda Nipple Balm
- Fragrance free lanolin based nipple balm.
- Contains organic calendula extract and does not need to be removed before breastfeeding.
- 100% Certified & Natural Organic.
- Can also be used for athletes to prevent chafing during sport.
- No need to wash off before breastfeeding.
- 25g tube.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 91% of 522 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Earth Mama Angel Baby Breast Feeding Natural Nipple Butter
- Lanolin free and not sticky, goes on really smoothly.
- Zero toxin nipple cream for nursing mothers.
- Made with organic Calendula and non-sticky natural plant butters to soothe and comfort.
- Safe for baby too, so no need to wash it off before breastfeeding.
- Ideal for anyone with dry, cracked skin.
- 2oz tub.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 88% of 22,167 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Medela Purelan Nipple Cream
- Hypoallergenic nipple cream which is safe for mum and baby.
- Provides instant soothing relief for sore and cracked nipples.
- Can also be used on dry skin.
- Doesn’t need to be washed off before breastfeeding.
- 37g tube.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 91% of 2,351 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
My Expert Midwife No Harm Nipple Balm
- 100% naturally derived nipple cream.
- Tasteless and odourless so no need to remove before breastfeeding baby.
- Handy hygienic pump bottle: 30ml size.
- Smooths on easily.
- Uses 3 ingredients including highest medical grade lanolin for protection, coconut and sweet almond oil essential oils to moisturise and nourish.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 90% of 422 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Green People Organic Babies Mum & Baby Rescue Balm
- A non-aqueous cream for sensitive and delicate skin.
- Use for perineal massage before birth and as a soothing nipple balm when breastfeeding.
- Can be used on sensitive skin prone to eczema, psoriasis & dermatitis.
- 91% certified organic ingredients.
- A little goes a long way.
- No need to rinse. Safe before, during, and after breastfeeding.
- 120g tub.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 87% of 117 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Dr.Lipp Original Nipple Balm for dry skin, luscious lips & glossy bits
- Gloriously thick, ultra long-lasting & instant hydrating nipple balm.
- Made from pure, ultra versatile, medical grade Lanolin.
- Can be used on dry skin.
- The luxurious formula helps to rebalance, hydrate, nourish, soothe, plump and even help heal all types of dry, sore, cracked, itchy or sensitive skin.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 87% of 675 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
- This cream uses a 2QR complex derived from aloe vera plants. 2QR forms a physical block so that bad bacteria are prevented from adhering to the skin and nipple and promotes healing.
- Helps prevents infections such as mastitis and enhances the condition of the skin and the healing process.
- Has a soothing and cooling effect.
- It does not need to be removed prior to breastfeeding.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 91% of 163 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Motherlove Herbal Nipple Cream
- Lanolin free organic nipple cream.
- All ingredients are safe for ingestion, so it does not need to be washed off prior to breastfeeding.
- Use on sore, cracked nipples to quickly soften and heal skin and help reduce pain.
- Shea Butter scent.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 93% of 7,461 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Philips AVENT Moisturising Nipple Cream
- Use prior to breastfeeding to prepare skin.
- Moisturises and softens dry or sensitive nipples.
- Contains Medilan, an ultra-pure grade of lanolin that penetrates the skin’s outer layers to improve moisture levels and ensure suppleness.
- There is no need to remove the cream prior to breastfeeding.
- Also contains coconut oil and aloe vera, both natural ingredients, to hydrate the skin.
- Mums love this nipple cream – 84% of 338 buyers gave it 4-5 stars..
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
What does nipple cream help?
Breastfeeding can cause discomfort such as sore, painful, or cracked nipples, especially in the first few weeks.
The pain from breastfeeding can be really uncomfortable for some mums and can be the reason they decide to bottle feed instead.
Not all mums get sore nipples, but if they do there are plenty of great nipple creams available to make life easier.
Nipple cream can be applied to sore nipples to soothe and reduce pain and caused by breastfeeding.
Is nipple cream safe for babies?
Nipple creams which are lanolin based or made of organic oils are safe for both mum and baby and don’t need to be washed off, while any with petroleum or parabens will need washing off before letting your newborn latch on.
Is lanolin safe for babies?
Lanolin is a naturally occurring soft and waxy substance that comes from sheep wool. Medical-grade lanolin is used in a many skin products due to its moisturising properties. It’s the most common ingredient in nipple creams as it’s safe to use during breastfeeding and you don’t need to wash it off before you start a feed. Some people may be allergic to lanolin but this is extremely rare.
I hope this list of the best nipple creams for breastfeeding mums was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Baby Products – Buyer Guides
Sleeping & Nursery
- Moses Basket
- Baby Blanket
- Nursery Curtains
- White Noise Machine
- Baby Sleeping Bag
- Cots & Cot Beds
- Bedside Cribs
- Cot Mobile
- Baby Monitor
- Baby Sleepsuit
- Nursery Furniture Sets
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Baby Nest
- Baby Highchair
- Nursing Bras
- Sleep Bras
- Bottle Warmer
- Baby Bottle
- Baby Bibs
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pumps
- Nursing chair
Toiletries & Nappy Changing
- Baby snowsuit
- Baby dressing gown
- Baby sun hats
- Baby laundry basket
- Baby wellies
- Baby swimsuit
- Baby booties
- Baby shoes
- Travel stroller
- Baby car mirror
- Baby travel cots
- Double Buggies
- Buggy Boards
- Baby Carrier
- Baby Sling
- Changing Bag
- Baby Carrier
- Best Baby Travel Gear
- Baby reins
- Travel Cot Mattress
- Travel highchair