For this page, I have put together a collection of the best travel potties currently available. For more top picks and best buys see my newborn baby checklist.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall Potette Plus 2-in-1 Compact Universal Potty and Toilet Training Seat
- Best Budget Buy Pourty Easy-to-Pour Potty
- Best Eco-Friendly Hippychick Tron Disposable Travel Potty
- Best To Carry My Carry Potty
As a parent you know that when they’ve got to go, they’ve gotta go right!
If you are at a stage where you are potty training your toddler, it can be a hard task finding a toilet quick enough if you are out and about or even travelling.
Long car journeys, flights and other situations where you may not have quick access to a toilet can make you feel like reaching for a nappy….but what if there is an alternative solution that will give you the confidence to carry on the potty training, even though you’re not in the comfort of your own home?
How We Selected
A travel potty or seat with liners can be a great solution to potty training on-the-go. We’ve searched the market to find the best ones available.
All of our recommendations have been tried, tested and loved by parents. We only recommend products which have plenty of 4-5/5 star reviews and positive feedback.
Take a look at some handy tips on how to potty train over at the NHS website.
Let’s get started!
Potette Plus 2-in-1 Compact Universal Potty and Toilet Training Seat
- This cleverly designed product can be used as a standalone potty with the legs locked in place, or in the open position with the legs used to create handles that securely sit over a toilet seat (ideal for in the home or a public toilet).
- The legs can also be completely detached to make cleaning easier.
- A triple pack of super absorbent, gently fragranced disposable liners come with every purchase.
- Contains a clever pad that turns liquid to gel.
- Up to 3 liners can be stored on the folded potty ready for immediate use.
- The foldaway design allows it to be easily stored in most changing bags or tucked under your pushchair.
- Pros: Can be used as a potty or a toilet seat, foldaway design for easy storage.
- Cons: Fiddly to clean.
- Consumer Score: This travel potty is popular with 82% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
Hippychick Tron Disposable Travel Potty
- This potty is completely disposable, recyclable and eco-friendly.
- It will fit easily into your handbag or changing bag and it is lightweight and small.
- It contains a highly absorbent, biodegradable pad which quickly eliminates odours and absorbs 250ml of liquid within 30 seconds.
- Although it is disposable, it is durable and can withstand up to 30kg!
- Perfect potty for camping, the beach and festivals.
- Pros: Eco-friendly, eliminates odours.
- Cons: Expensive and disposable.
- Consumer Score: This travel potty is really popular with 84% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
Pejoye Foldable Potty Toilet Training Seat
- Foldable frog design and very compact potty seat.
- Will help toddlers feel more secure when sitting on a proper toilet.
- The anti-slip silicone mat material and no-gap design ensure a firm and tight grip between the trainer and actual toilet seat.
- The trainer seat is designed to fit standard toilet sizes.
- Fold up and take with you anywhere.
- Pros: Compact, foldable.
- Cons: Only suitable if your child is ready to sit on a proper toilet.
- Consumer Score: Parents like this travel potty with 73% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
Pourty Easy-to-Pour Potty
- This is a great potty to use at home and can also be used on the go as, although it’s not a travel potty, it is lightweight and has an easy carry handle and clever ‘pour away’ channel, to easily dispose of its contents.
- Its sturdy comfortable seat will help toddlers to feel secure on it.
- Pros: Easy to empty, sturdy.
- Cons: Bulky to carry.
- Consumer Score: This travel potty has great reviews with 74% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
BYETOO Portable Travel Potty/ Urinal for Boys and Girls
- These small and compact travel potties/urinals are available for boys or girls.
- They are great for long car journeys or skipping toilet queues when your child just needs to go for a wee.
- They are lightweight and easily portable.
- Can be reused after cleaning.
- Pros: Suitable for car journeys, emergencies.
- Cons: Only able to hold a small amount of liquid.
- Consumer Score: Really popular with buyers with 82% giving it 5 stars out of 5.
OXO Tot 2-in-1 Go Potty for Travel
- This 2-in-1 go potty opens quickly and easily so it can be ready in snap, whether you need a standalone potty to use with disposable bags, or a potty seat to use in a public toilet.
- Three disposable bags with absorbent pads are included, and refills are available.
- The small seat is sized perfectly for little ones and the generous shield prevents splatter.
- The smooth surfaces of the potty are easy to clean, and the legs fold in to fit the potty in the travel bag which is included.
- Pros: Can be used as a potty or toilet seat.
- Cons: Fiddly to clean.
- Consumer Score: Parents love this with 81% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
My Carry Potty
- Great animal design carry potty which will make potty training fun.
- This has a unique carry handle that can be used when out and about.
- It has a secure locking mechanism to prevent any spillages, non-slip feet and a large bowl which shows maximum level mark.
- Plus an extra tall splash guard to prevent any mess.
- Pros: Looks great, easy to carry.
- Cons: Quite big and bulky.
- Consumer Score: This travel potty has great reviews with 83% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
What is a travel potty or seat?
It is essentially a potty which is more portable than a standard potty that you would buy for home use.
It is usually easy to carry or comes in a case which you can take with you when you are out.
Alternatively you can take a potty seat which clips over the top of a toilet seat to make it easier for a little one to use a public toilet.
Travel potties can help support your toddler’s potty training and give you the confidence to carry on with it even when you are on the go or travelling.
Tips for using a portable potty or seat
- Get into the habit of taking a travel potty with you everywhere so that you are not caught short
- Let your little one use the travel potty or seat at home first so they are used to it before you venture out with it
- Don’t worry about using the odd nappy or pull-up in certain situations where you can’t really carry a potty around, like say a theme park
- Pack spare clothes just incase. Accidents will happen
- If you are potty training, let everyone who looks after your child know so that they can help with the process
- Regularly check in with your toddler and ask them if they need to go to the toilet. A little reminder should they need to
- Try and keep to a routine
FAQ’s Travel Potties
A travel potty is a portable toilet intended for young children that are learning or have just learned to potty train.
Little ones who are still toilet training usually experience last-minute emergencies when they are out and about.
A travel potty can help to make you and your child more relaxed if you are caught short and there isn’t instant bathroom access.
Cheap Travel Potties & Today’s Bestsellers
My top pick is the Potette Plus 2-in-1 Compact Universal Potty and Toilet Training Seat as it doubles up as both a potty and toilet training seat.
Perfect for on the go, it can be used with or without liners. 82% of buyers gave it 5/5 stars and excellent reviews.
I hope this guide on travel potties was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Last Updated: January 2022
- Added ‘How We Selected.’
- Updated image.
- Added Top Picks.
- Added link to NHS website.
- Added Internal links.
- Added Pros/Cons on all products.
- Added Consumer scores.
- Added FAQ’s.
- Added Alternative Retailer.
- Added Final Thought.
Baby Products – Buyer Guides
Sleeping & Nursery
- Moses Basket
- Baby Blanket
- Nursery Curtains
- White Noise Machine
- Baby Sleeping Bag
- Cots & Cot Beds
- Bedside Cribs
- Cot Mobile
- Baby Monitor
- Baby Sleepsuit
- Nursery Furniture Sets
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Baby Nest
- Baby Comforters
- Baby Humidifier
- Baby Highchair
- Nursing Bras
- Sleep Bras
- Bottle Warmer
- Baby Bottle
- Baby Bibs
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pumps
- Nursing chair
- Baby Formula UK
- Baby Food Blender
- Bamboo Plates For Kids
Toiletries & Nappy Changing
- Baby Bath Tubs and Bath Seats
- Baby Bath Towels
- Baby scales
- Baby bath toys
- Baby Changing Mat
- Travel Potty
- Baby Sun Cream
- Nappy Bin
- Biodegradable Nappies
- Baby Wipes
- Baby snowsuit
- Baby dressing gown
- Baby sun hats
- Baby laundry basket
- Baby wellies
- Baby swimsuit
- Baby booties
- Baby shoes
- Babies leggings
- Travel stroller
- Baby car mirror
- Baby travel cots
- Double Buggies
- Buggy Boards
- Baby Carrier
- Baby Sling
- Changing Bag
- Baby Carrier
- Best Baby Travel Gear
- Baby reins
- Travel Cot Mattress
- Travel highchair
- Pram Accessories
- Pram Bag
- Pram Toys
- Car Sun Shade
- Baby playpen
- Baby wetsuits
- Baby Walker
- Wooden Baby Toys
- Baby Activity Table
- Swim nappies
- Baby Play Mat
- Baby Sensory Toys
- Baby Ball Pit
- Baby Toys
- First Christmas bauble
- Baby bouncer
- Baby Sunglasses
- Muslin Cloths
- Baby Teethers
- Baby Projector
- Baby Thermometer
Tippitoes Travel Potty (currently unavailable)
- This travel potty is small and compact and comes in its own PVC bag, handy for storage and taking with you anywhere.
- It includes 10 disposable liners.
- The potty is made from strong, durable, wipe-clean plastic, designed with practicality and simplicity in mind.
- Pros: Has a handy storage bag, wipe clean.
Minnebaby Disposable Potty Liners (currently unavailable)
- I’ve included these potty liners in this article as they are universal and work with many types of potties.
- The pack of 30 liners can be used to reduce the need to constantly clean and sanitise your child’s potty or can be thrown away when on the go and using a travel potty seat.
- They soak up liquid and waste so that there is no messy clean up and they are also odourless.
- Pros: Disposable, they soak up any mess.
- Cons: Not essential.