For this post, I have put together a collection of the best double buggies currently available. For more essential items for newborns, browse my baby checklist.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for double buggies
MY TOP PICK:
My preferred pick for best double buggy is the Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Double Pushchair as it’s ultra compact and really easy to foldaway. It is suitable from birth up to 22 kg.
Looking for a double buggy for twins or a baby and toddler? A double buggy is an essential item for anyone with two little ones, to be able to get out and about. There are many double buggies available and different styles too. From tandem, to side-by-side pushchairs, there is a great deal of choice. We’ve picked 9 of our favourites, all with excellent customer feedback.
So here is my list of the the best double buggies.
Mountain Buggy Duet V3 Double Pushchair
Side-by-side buggy with four wheels.
- Cleverly designed, this buggy is no wider than a single pushchair.
- It has a horizontal tilt for newborns.
- The classic seats can seat toddlers up to 4 years old.
- There is additional storage space for carrying essentials.
- It can take two carrycots or two infant car seats.
- The tyres are big which make the buggy easy to manoeuvre, you could even go jogging with it.
- Parents love this double buggy – 62% of 86 buyers gave it 5 stars.
Bugaboo Donkey 3
Latest, improved version of this well-loved buggy.
- This pushchair converts to a twin pram or duo carrycot and pushchair with separate extension sets.
- Small enough to fit through standard doorways.
- It’s really easy to manoeuvre with 1 hand steering.
- Suitable for all terrain.
- Buggy comes with all of the following; Bugaboo Donkey 3 stroller in grey mélange, with bassinet and mattress, extendable sun canopy, seat frame and seat fabrics, wheels, side and underseat basket, rotating carry handle and rain cover.
- Higher priced.
- Shop all Bugaboo products on Amazon.
Hauck Duett 2 Tandem Double Pushchair
Tandem double buggy with reversible seat.
- The good thing about this buggy is that the upper seat can be installed in both directions and can be converted into carrycot (from birth).
- The lower seat is usable from 6 months and can be completely removed when not needed.
- The handle can be adjusted in height.
- The separate carseat can also be used on buggy with adaptors (sold separately)
- Easy to steer on most terrain, due to its lightweight frame and swivelling front wheels.
Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Double Travel Pushchair
Lightweight, ultra-compact side-by-side double buggy.
- One of the narrowest side-by-side buggies on the market.
- It folds away really small so it can easily be stored in car boot.
- You can add two carrycots on it from birth.
- Seats recline to a flat position.
- Storage basket underneath can hold essentials.
- It’s lightweight so easy to manoeuvre.
- Parents love this double buggy – 82% of 267 buyers gave it 5 stars.
Out ‘N’ About Nipper Double V4
All-terrain 3-wheeler pushchair.
- The three wheels make this buggy easy to manoeuvre and steer.
- The air-filled tyres work on all terrain.
- It’s rather slimline and can fit through standard doorways.
- The reclining seats and sun canopies move independently for each child.
- It is suitable from birth and you can also buy a carrycot for the frame.
- It also features large storage pouches.
- Parents love this double buggy – 93% of 105 buyers gave it 5 stars.
Kids Kargo Duel DS
Buggy to carry two children of different ages.
- Carrycot top and toddler seat underneath.
- The carrycot converts into a toddler seat once you’re finished with it.
- Unlike with some buggies, the space between the seats is quite wide so the child underneath doesn’t feel too closed in.
- Can be used as a travel system with adapters.
- Can be harder to manoeuvre than some of the other buggies we’ve recommended.
Joie Evalite Duo Twin Pushchair
Ultra lightweight tandem buggy.
- Has a one-hand folding mechanism with automatic folding lock.
- Back seat can be used from birth thanks to the flat recline position.
- Front seat with two resting positions.
- With a 5-point SoftTouch safety harness.
- 4-wheel single suspension and swivel and lockable front wheels.
- Parents love this double buggy – 63% of 96 buyers gave it 5 stars.
Silver Cross Wave 2020 Pushchair (John Lewis)
Luxurious travel system which adapts to your family’s needs.
- Top of the range buggy which can hold a newborn and toddler.
- You can use it for twins if you buy an extra carrycot or seat.
- There is a ride-on board available (sold separately) for an older child.
- Seats are front and back in tandem.
- Multi-terrain wheels and four-wheel suspension make it easy to manoeuvre.
- Available to buy from John Lewis.
iCandy Peach Double Buggy (iCandy)
Luxury travel system with everything included to use as a single pushchair and double buggy.
- Suitable from birth to 25kgs, this travel system comes with everything you need to set it up as a double buggy straight away.
- Includes car seat adaptors, carrycot with fleece lining which is suitable for overnight sleeping.
- Beautiful fabrics to choose from.
- SPF 50+ protection, maintaining a smooth silhouette on the canopy fold after fold, with no drooping over time.
- Seats can face both ways.
- Height adjustable handlebar.
- Available to buy from iCandy.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
What to consider when buying a double buggy
Will you be using it from birth?
Most double buggies can be used from birth with a carry cot or in a seat that reclines to a lie-flat position. Some are complete travel systems which can be used with car seats too. Check though as some aren’t suitable from birth.
Tandem or side-by-side?
When your baby is newborn it’s nice to be able to keep an eye on them while walking along with your buggy, so you need to think about which way round the seats will be facing. For toddlers they are usually happy to be forward facing so they can check out what’s going on in the world! If you have twins you may want both of them to face you, so check out all of your options before you buy.
How heavy is the buggy?
Look for something lightweight which is easy to push and lift in and out of a car boot. With two kids in tow you are going to want something that isn’t going to weigh a tonne!
Width and Length of buggy
Check how wide the buggy you are purchasing is. You want to make sure you can get through a standard door frame without too much hassle. Side-by-side buggies have come a long way in recent years and there are some slimline ones out there. Alternatively if you are opting for a tandem buggy you are going to want something which isn’t too long and hard to manoeuvre. It may look narrow but sometimes controlling the tandem can be just as tricky.
One of the main things to consider when choosing a double buggy is the price. There are good double buggies to suit all budgets and we’ve included all of them in our article. Lower priced range from under £100-£300, Mid-priced range from £300-£700 and then Higher-priced range from £700-over £1,000.
I hope this list of the best double buggies was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Baby Products – Buyer Guides
Sleeping & Nursery
- Moses Basket
- Baby Blanket
- Nursery Curtains
- White Noise Machine
- Baby Sleeping Bag
- Cots & Cot Beds
- Bedside Cribs
- Cot Mobile
- Baby Monitor
- Baby Sleepsuit
- Nursery Furniture Sets
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Baby Highchair
- Nursing Bras
- Sleep Bras
- Bottle Warmer
- Baby Bottle
- Baby Bibs
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pumps
- Nursing chair
Toiletries & Nappy Changing
- Travel stroller
- Baby car mirror
- Baby travel cots
- Double Buggies
- Buggy Boards
- Baby Carrier
- Baby Sling
- Changing Bag
- Baby Carrier
- Best Baby Travel Gear
- Baby reins
- Travel Cot Mattress
- Travel highchair