For this page, I have put together a collection of the best nursing chairs currently available. Also see my complete guide to new baby essentials.
Our Top Picks
- Best Budget Nursing Chair: SoBuy Relax Rocking Chair
- Best Buy Nursing Chair: Obaby 7 Position Reclining Glider Nursing Chair & Stool
- Best Stylish Nursing Chair: Gaia Baby Serena Nursing Rocking Chair
- Best Nursing Chair For Smaller Nurseries: Kub Haldon Nursing Rocking Chair
A nursing chair is ergonomically designed so that it is comfortable and soothing for a new mum to feed her baby in.
A nursing chair makes a great addition to any nursery and it’s the perfect place to sit back and relax, as a busy new mum or even when pregnant.
How We Selected
There are lots of nursing chairs on the market from rocking chairs, reclining chairs or ones with matching footstools.
With plenty to choose from, we’ve narrowed it down to our favourites. All of our choices have excellent feedback from buyers and 4-5/5 star ratings.
Check out the NHS website for tips on helping your baby to sleep.
Let’s get started with the best nursing chairs!
Kub Chatsworth Gliding Nursing Chair and Footstool
- This glider nursing chair in white wood finish provides comfort and support with its soft corduroy cushions.
- The 7 recline position design enables you to adjust to the positions best for feeding baby.
- The gentle rocking mechanism helps getting your baby to sleep, also comes with a locking mechanism for added safety.
- It is designed with an elegant sleigh back rest.
- Pros: Reclines, glides, rocks, pocket storage, footstall and locking mechanism.
- Cons: Quite expensive.
- Consumer Score: A nursing chair which has fairly good feedback with 68% of buyers giving it 4-5 stars out of 5.
Obaby 7 Position Reclining Glider Nursing Chair & Stool
- A reclining glider chair and stool.
- The gentle gliding motion helps you unwind whilst also soothing your baby to sleep.
- With 7 adjustable positions.
- Features a comfy padded back and seat cushions with handy storage pocket to keep any important items close to hand.
- The carefully constructed wooden frame and curved back show off the traditional design.
- Pros: Handy storage pockets, glider, footstall, price.
- Cons: Only available in grey.
- Consumer Score: Buyers love this nursing chair with 76% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
SoBuy Relax Rocking Chair Lounge Chair Recliner with Footrest Design
- This chair isn’t designed as a nursing chair, but it does have a few features which make it work as a nursing chair.
- It’s shaped differently to a typical rocking chair as the backrest is tilted backwards, and the built in footrest can be adjusted to 5 different heights.
- It is made from beech veneer, and has a poly-cotton cushion cover.
- The cover can be removed and washed.
- It has a non-slip matting on the rocking mechanism.
- It prevents the chair from slipping, but it also protects your floors from any scratches.
- Available in four colours, but only the grey option comes with removable storage pockets on the arms.
- Pros: Not a nursing chair so could be used afterwards, adjustable footrest, good price.
- Cons: Not made specifically for nursing, arms aren’t padded so may not be as comfortable.
- Consumer Score: A popular nursing chair with 85% of buyers giving it 4-5 stars out of 5.
Kub® Haldon Nursing Rocking Chair
- This rocking chair is perfect for smaller nurseries where space is at a premium.
- It has a smooth and gentle rocking motion.
- Made from solid wood and upholstered with a stone grey coloured fabric and convenient pockets on the sides to help keep all your nursery items handy.
- Pros: It rocks, looks stylish, handy pockets.
- Cons: The rocker could trap tiny fingers when crawling so need to be careful when baby starts roaming.
- Consumer Score: Buyers really love this nursing chair with 72% of buyers giving it 5 stars out of 5.
Tutti Bambini Oscar Rocking Chair & Pouffe Set – Stone (Pramworld)
- This stylish Rocking Chair & Pouffe Set offers great support for your back and feet during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- The rocking arches allow you to relax and gently lull your baby to sleep.
- A wide and deep seat with high backrest, comfy armrests and additional support pillow provides support for your back.
- The chair fabrics are made of soft-touch brushed fabric treated with a special Scotchguard layer to protect the chair against damage and scratches.
- A Knitted Pouffe included is made of soft cotton with poly beads filling to provide great relief for tired legs.
- Pros: The knitted pouffe looks no nice, treated fabric, additional support pillow.
- Cons: Pricey, the rocker could trap tiny fingers when crawling so need to be careful when baby starts roaming.
- Consumer Score: A popular nursing chair with buyers giving it an average of 4.8 stars out of 5.
Gaia Baby Serena Nursing Rocking Chair, Oat (John Lewis)
- Cool and contemporary nursing/feeding chair, with an extra lumbar cushion and padded armrests.
- The softly contoured legs are made from laminated birch-wood veneer using a special technique during the manufacturing process to give extra strength and avoid splintering for a smooth and soothing rocking motion.
- It is finely upholstered with removable and washable armrests.
- Pros: Uber-cool, washable fabric, gentle rocker.
- Cons: Expensive.
- Consumer Score: A well received nursing chair with buyers giving it an average of 3.7 stars out of 5.
Where To Buy Online (Best Retailers)
In our product reviews above I’ve mainly linked to Amazon because they tend to have good stock levels at competitive process. I do recommend checking these retailers below.
- Buy Nursing Chair from eBay
- Buy Nursing Chair from John Lewis
- Buy Nursing Chair from Ikea
- Buy Nursing Chair from Wayfair
What To Consider When Buying A Nursing Chair
Nursing isn’t always plain sailing, so it’s important to choose a comfortable chair that will make the experience easier for you.
A chair with padded and supportive armrests will allow for better positioning while nursing.
A good chair should be cosy and offer support at the same time. The addition of foot rests and rocking motion can all add to the comfort factor.
How much room do you have in your house? Is there space for a nursing chair and where will you put it? Things to think about before you buy one.
Choosing a chair which is easy to keep clean is always a good option.
Some nursing chairs have a rocking or gliding motion to help sooth baby to sleep.
A swivel chair is also a good option for being able to face in different directions if needed.
Nursing chairs can be expensive so decide whether you really do need one, how much you want to spend and if it is something which will last you for more than a year or so.
Choose one that fits your budget as well as opting for one which will suit the room decor. There are lots of different styles of nursing chairs available so choose one which you like the look of.
Nursing chairs which rock or glide can trap little fingers so make sure you buy one with a stop-lock mechanism that prevents the chair from moving when not in use.
If you opt for a reclining chair, choose one with an easy-to-reach lever or button.
Never recline the chair without checking your little one isn’t crawling behind it.
FAQ’s Nursing Chairs
It is not an essential item, but there are benefits to having a nursing chair including having a comfortable place to sit while breastfeeding, feeding and comforting your baby during the night or before nap time.
An armchair, sofa or reclining chair are all suitable options for nursing your baby.
New parents can benefit from being able to sit comfortably and interact with their babies in a position that is perfect for feeding and soothing.
A nursing chair is also a great place for a parent to sit and relax close by to their baby as they settle in their cot.
Cheap Nursing Chairs & Today’s Bestsellers
My overall top pick is the Obaby 7 Position Reclining Glider Nursing Chair & Stool as it has excellent buyers feedback and good star ratings.
Buyers like that it is easy to assemble, is comfortable and ideal for feeding and settling baby.
I hope this guide on nursing chairs was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Last Updated: January 2022
- Added ‘How We Selected.’
- Updated image.
- Added link to NHS website.
- Added Pros/Cons on all products.
- Added consumer scores.
- Added ‘Things To Consider’.
- Added FAQ’s.
- Added Alternative Retailers.
- Added Final Thought.
Maternity Clothing Buying Guide
Baby Products – Buyer Guides
Sleeping & Nursery
- Moses Basket
- Baby Blanket
- Nursery Curtains
- White Noise Machine
- Baby Sleeping Bag
- Cots & Cot Beds
- Bedside Cribs
- Cot Mobile
- Baby Monitor
- Baby Sleepsuit
- Nursery Furniture Sets
- Pregnancy Pillow
- Baby Nest
- Baby Comforters
- Baby Humidifier
- Baby Highchair
- Nursing Bras
- Sleep Bras
- Bottle Warmer
- Baby Bottle
- Baby Bibs
- Nipple Cream
- Breast Pumps
- Nursing chair
- Baby Formula UK
- Baby Food Blender
- Bamboo Plates For Kids
Toiletries & Nappy Changing
- Baby Bath Tubs and Bath Seats
- Baby Bath Towels
- Baby scales
- Baby bath toys
- Baby Changing Mat
- Travel Potty
- Baby Sun Cream
- Nappy Bin
- Biodegradable Nappies
- Baby Wipes
- Baby snowsuit
- Baby dressing gown
- Baby sun hats
- Baby laundry basket
- Baby wellies
- Baby swimsuit
- Baby booties
- Baby shoes
- Babies leggings
- Travel stroller
- Baby car mirror
- Baby travel cots
- Double Buggies
- Buggy Boards
- Baby Carrier
- Baby Sling
- Changing Bag
- Baby Carrier
- Best Baby Travel Gear
- Baby reins
- Travel Cot Mattress
- Travel highchair
- Pram Accessories
- Pram Bag
- Pram Toys
- Car Sun Shade
- Baby playpen
- Baby wetsuits
- Baby Walker
- Wooden Baby Toys
- Baby Activity Table
- Swim nappies
- Baby Play Mat
- Baby Sensory Toys
- Baby Ball Pit
- Baby Toys
- First Christmas bauble
- Baby bouncer
- Baby Sunglasses
- Muslin Cloths
- Baby Teethers
- Baby Projector
- Baby Thermometer
Babylo Nested Nursing Rocking Chair (Currently unavailable)
- This stylish grey chair has a gentle rocking feature providing a relaxing environment for you and your baby to enjoy some special bonding time together.
- It also comes with two easy to assemble formats, so you can choose to relax with either rocking or fixed feet.
- The fixed feet version would work well as an armchair in the living room after you’ve finished using it as a nursing chair.