Looking for a great gift for a baby shower? We’ve asked new mums what their favourite gifts were and researched the market to bring you the best selection of present ideas for a new baby boy or girl, plus gift ideas for mum-to-be as well.
From unique to funny or sentimental to personalised, we’ve got it covered.
Let’s get started!
Our Top Picks
- Lekebaby Baby Bandana Dribble Bibs Drool Bibs This pack of 8 stylish bandana bibs with easy snaps will keep a teething baby dry and clean. Practical gift for a boy or girl.
- Yankee Candle Large Jar Scented Candle, Baby Powder With up to 150 hours of burn time, you can’t go wrong with this soothing scented candle for a mum-to-be gift.
- Childs Farm Baby Gifting Suitcase This cute case contains Baby Wash, Bubble Bath, Moisturiser, Nappy Cream and Bath Thermometer CF179. Perfect for a new bundle of joy.
- Signature Gifts Peter Rabbit’s Personalised Little Guide to Life Book An adorable hardcover book with customised name and message.
- The Gro Company Ollie the Owl Rechargeable Light and Sound Sleep Aid If baby cries, Ollie the Owl will respond by playing 20 minutes of soothing sounds to help settle little one back to sleep.
Baby Shower Gifts For Mum-To-Be
Useful Baby Shower Gifts
Funny Baby Shower Gifts
Unique Baby Shower Gifts
Personalised Baby Shower Gifts
Gifts For Newborn Twins
How To Choose The Right Baby Shower Gift
Is It Useful?
As a parent I’ve thought about what products were the most useful gifts that I received when I had my children. It’s easy to opt for something cute but sometimes the most practical gifts can be just as welcomed and from experience you may have a useful gift idea that new parents hadn’t even thought of. Don’t ever underestimate muslins and nappies.
Is It Sentimental?
They say it’s the though that counts, so keepsakes and personalised gifts can be really special for new parents. DIY and homemade gifts will also be unique and something that they can look back on in years to come with their children.
Is It The Right Season?
Clothes are a popular gift choice for babies as there are so many adorable outfits for boys and girls or even unisex ones, but think about size and season when you buy. My friend who recently had a baby girl, said it was wonderful receiving clothing for her baby but friends would buy a size or two up and by the time her little one was able to fit into the outfit it would be the wrong season to wear it.
Where To Buy Online (Best Retailers)
In our product reviews above I’ve recommended Amazon as they tend to have the best price and stock levels. I do recommend checking other retailers.
- My 1st years
- John Lewis
- JoJo Maman Bebe
- Mamas & Papas
- Not On The High Street
Top 6 Bestsellers