For this post, I have put together a collection of the best camping bunk beds currently available. Browse my ultimate camping checklist and you won’t forget anything!
Camping bunk beds are perfect if you’re looking to save space, both in the tent and car.
Kids also love them and will take turns each night who gets to sleep in the top bunk!
They can also be super handy at home – if you don’t have a whole lot of extra space for sleepovers.
So here is my list of the the best bunk beds for camping.
Kid-O-Bunk Children’s Bunk Bed
- So simple to assemble – no tools required and is quick!
- Versatile in that it can be used as two single cots or even a bench (perfect for gathering around a campfire)
- Very solidly made and robust.
- Pricey and be prepared for the children to have a heated discussion who goes on top!
- Many parents get these for sleepovers as well as camping.
- Campers seriously love these bunk beds! From 379 buyers, 85% gave them a perfect 5 stars.
- Common feedback includes: well designed, robust, great idea, easy to assemble, space saving.
Also available in blue.
Hi Gear Duo Camping Bunk Bed
- Solid, steel frame which is dead simple to put together.
- Handy pockets on the side.
- Canvas camp beds are comfy and these are no exception. The kids will sleep very well in these.
- Only 5 ratings so far but these score a perfect 100% for 5 star reviews.
Disc-O-Bed Camping Bunk Bed
- Modular disc system for tool-free assembly – very easy.
- Equipped with useful side pockets.
- Super heavy! This makes it very stable but you don’t want to be carrying it far. 28kg. You can always look at a camping trolley to help.
- Many children use these for sleepovers as they’re solid, comfortable and versatile.
- Converts easily into bench or two single cots
- Fab reviews! 80% of 195 campers gave this the maximum 5 stars.
Watch the video below to find out more about the assembly process for Disc-O-beds.
Kampa Camping Bunk Bed
- Extremely strong and stable construction thanks to the thick steel tubing.
- They are heavy – weighing 17 kilograms.
- Solid reviews. 68% gave them 5 stars and 22% 4 stars.
Secure Fix Direct – Outdoor Camping Bunk Bed
- Extra wide sleeping space when compared to other camp beds.
- Easy to assemble, does require a tool, which is supplied.
- Fairly heavy – 16.5kg
- One of the cheaper options on here.
- Good reviews – averaging 4.3 out of 5.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
Important: What To Consider When Buying a Camp Bunk Bed
Due to their heavy-duty steel construction most camping bunk beds are extremely strong.
There’s huge variation in how much these weigh – really important if you’ve got some distance to cover between your vehicle and camp site.
Do check the dimensions of your tent to make sure it will accommodate your camping bunk bed.
Most camping bunk beds will be wide enough for adults – it’s usually the height that will be difficult.
I hope this list of the best camping bunk beds was helpful.
If you think I left any out that should be included or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Camping Buyer’s Guides
Help ease your shopping wit our in-depth buying guides for your next camping purchase.
Your Camping Checklist
There’s something you always forget when packing for a camping trip. Use our handy camping checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything important.
Get more out of your next adventure in the great outdoors with these 24 brilliant camping hacks.
Discover The Best Camping Shops (Compare & Save)
Here’s a list of the best camping shops in the UK with links to any of their current sales and clearance sections.
We often recommend Amazon UK for camping gear because their returns are usually trouble-free and the range is huge. But we also suggest you shop around for the best product range and price, you may pick up a discount on one of the links below!
Check our in-depth guide to the best camping stores.