For this post, I have put together a collection of the best kids sleeping bags currently available.
This really depends on intended use and personal preference. For younger children going camping the Andes Pichu 300 Sleeping Bag is a great choice because it’s good all year round, has a handy storage pocket (for torch if scared of dark), it comes in two colours and receives very good reviews – 81% of parents give it 4 stars or more. Another good value option for camping is the KingCamp Trek 3-4 Junior Sleeping Bag.
Show Today’s Top Deals
These are today’s top deals and bestsellers for kids sleeping bag.
Kids sleeping bags can come in very handy on camping trips, sleepovers or school trips.
There are lots of different styles about from mummy-style sleeping bags that taper in at the bottom and keep kids snug and warm even in cold temperatures, to animal character sleeping bags which look fun and are perfect for helping the kids feel secure and cosy on a sleepover.
Buying the best sleeping bag for your child can be tricky so understanding what features are best suited for them will help you decide which one to go for.
Ideally you want something that will keep them warm, cosy and dry at night.
Let’s get started!
Kelty Big Dipper 30 Degree Sleeping Bag
- A sleeping bag that grows with your kids. it extends to a full 12″.
- With Cloud Loft synthetic insulation which provides durable, long-lasting comfort and warmth.
- Top draft collar to keep kids snug.
- Suitable for 5-12 year olds.
Vango Kanto Junior 2 Season Sleeping Bag
- This sleeping bag has soft touch fabrics and excellent warmth properties will ensure your child has a great night’s sleep.
- Grade A quality fill, superior fibre fill which is designed to be durable, warm and lightweight while retaining its loft and soft touch.
- Hanging loops allows you to easily hang your bag for quick and easy drying.
- Integrated head rest for extra comfort and warmth.
- Cool paint splattered design.
- Suitable for children up to 150cm in height.
LittleLife Animal Snuggle Pod
- This is acutally an inflatable air bed for children aged from 18 months, complete with pump and its own bag to pack neatly into.
- The fitted sleeping bag has hollow fibre insulation for added warmth and a soft brushed cotton top section, which fits neatly around the contoured airbed with stabilising wings.
- Perfect for those first sleepovers.
Outwell Contour Kids’ Sleeping Bag
- With built in pillow and the option to be opened fully and become a duvet this sleeping bag is really versatile.
- Keeps kids cosy and warm throughout the night.
- Two bags can be zipped together to form a double version of the sleeping bag.
Kelty Boy Woobie 30F
- This sleeping bag has Cloud Loft insulation so is durable, reliable and comfortable.
- Top draft collar and dual-side locking zips allow top panel to flip down.
- Cute animal design inside bag.
- Suitable for up to 6 years old.
Pod Infant Unicorn Sleeping Bag
- This cosy Unicorn Sleeping Pod(TM) is suitable for infants.
- It is wide-sided so has plenty of space for them to find a comfy sleeping position to drift off in.
- Synthetic insulation with double layer for extra cosiness.
- Packs away into compact carry bag for easy transport and storage.
- Cute unicorn design.
- Suitable for children aged 0-2 years.
Highlander Sleep Capsule
- This is an over-sized mummy style sleeping bag for youngsters, which is warm and spacious.
- Soft fabric lining and a full length 2 way zip and baffle.
- Lightweight, compact and easy to carry.
Highlander Kids Animal Sleeping Bag
- This panda design kids sleeping bag has a classic mummy shaped design which helps keep the bag warm at night.
- Full length zip baffle.
- These sleeping bags are comfortable down to a chilly 6 degrees.
- Superbly soft lining fabric.
- Comes with its very own backpack style stuff sack your kids can carry their own bag wherever they go.
- Available in Turtle, Shark, Panda and Ladybird designs.
Andes Pichu 300 Sleeping Bag
- Especially designed for younger children for camping.
- Made with 190T polyester, you can be sure that your child will be comfortable, and kept warm with the 300GSM hollow fibre filling.
- The 2-3 season rating means this is a great choice throughout most of the year when the weather is above freezing.
- It comes with an internal storage pocket, handy for those children who may want to keep a torch with them if they are scared of the dark.
- It also has an elasticated hood for comfort and heat retention, along with a zip baffle.
- The compression sack is also included, and compresses the bag down small.
Trespass Unisex Sleeping Bag
- Mummy shaped sleeping bag with an upper limit of 24 degree Celsius and a lower limit of +2 degree Celsius.
- This sleeping bag has an elasticated hood so they will be kept warm from head to toe.
- Plus a handy two way zip allows them to get in and out easily and it is a machine washable as well, for practical and easy care. Available in funky design.
KingCamp Treck 3-4 Season Junior Sleeping Bag
- This premium quality 3 – 4 season sleeping bag is made from a ripstop water-resistant 190T polyester outer shell, keeping you warm in extreme temperature down to -13°C.
- It’s highly versatile and perfect for use in all seasons.
- Perfect for those serious campers.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
What to consider when buying a kids sleeping bag
Sleeping bags usually have synthetic or down insulation.
Down insulation provides better warmth but loses its insulating properties if it gets wet.
Synthetic insulation is cheaper and stays warm even if it gets damp.
Most kids sleeping bags are synthetic for this reason.
They can only use them for a limited time until they grow out of them anyway.
A kids sleeping bag should be light and pack down small so it is relatively easy to carry.
Sleeping bags that are fairly lightweight and roll up into bags are a great option for kids.
A sleeping bag should be long enough to fit the height of your child.
Some sleeping bags are adjustable in length, which can be useful if you want to use the sleeping bag over a few years.
Manufacturers of sleeping bags for kids typically use their own methods to determine which temperatures their sleeping bags are suitable for.
It may be worth testing the sleeping bag before taking it away, just to check your child can sleep comfortably in it without feeling cold.
Kids sleeping bags come in a variety of colours, styles and designs.
Some look more like miniature adult sleeping bags and some are funky or shaped like animals, which kids will love too.
It’s all down to your own preference.
Camping Buyer’s Guides
Help ease your shopping with our in-depth buying guides for your next camping purchase.
Your Camping Checklist
There’s something you always forget when packing for a camping trip. Use our handy camping checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything important.
Get more out of your next adventure in the great outdoors with these 24 brilliant camping hacks.