For this post, I have put together a collection of the best camping showers currently available.
Related: Don’t forget anything! Ultimate guide on what to take camping
MY TOP PICK:
My top pick is the Colapz Rechargeable Camping Shower because it’s a fantastic bit of kit – it has great power, versatility, is easy to use and looks good!
Camping is far more enjoyable with decent shower facilities.
In this article I’ll show you ten portable showers to suit all budgets.
With the camping shower options now available there is no reason you can’t have an excellent shower experience, wherever you are.
Let’s get cracking!
Colapz Portable Shower (Top Choice)
Colapz Rechargeable Camping Shower
Our top choice if you want a decent camping shower experience. Why?
It’s an outstanding bit of kit that I personally love. It has great power for what it is, versatility (think shower, cleaning dog, washing stuff after the beach) and the design. It even looks good!
It’s not the cheapest option on this page but it’s the best in our view. It’s also extremely easy to use.
Colapz 2-in-1 Collapsible Bucket / Container
I strongly recommend getting the collapsible bucket as well. As well as for the shower it’s an exceptional water carrier for use around the tent or camper van.
I’d strongly avoid going for cheap containers or camping buckets. It’s super sturdy, strong handle, saves loads of space as it collapses and there is a removable lid so you can clean and dry it thoroughly.
Colapz Collapsible Bag
- Another option instead of the Colapz collapsible bucket is the Colapz collapsible bag.
- For example, you could use this to store your camping equipment and laundry.
- And then use it for the water storage when you are showering.
- Again, not super cheap but it’s worth it for it’s long life and multi functional use.
DeLavo Portable Bidet and Camping Shower
- A cheaper and overall less ‘shower’ like experience.
- It’s not as well made as the Colapz portable shower so I’m not sure how long it would last with a family on a long camping holiday taking lots of showers.
- It’s a very simple solution with a hand-pumped function that does deliver decent water pressure.
- On the downside it does only hold 5 litres.
Mud Daddy Portable Washer
- This is a very portable shower option.
- Unlike the Colapz it requires no recharging.
- It’s a great bit of gear and you can use as a simple option as a camping shower.
- It holds more water than the DeLavo with 8 litres and you can choose a red or blue option.
- This seems to be the best option if you’re looking to give your furry family member a good wash.
- You simply fill with warm water (and bit of shampoo), pull the trigger on the brush handle and water comes out.
- Each pump builds the pressure so frequent pumping will get things moving nicely!
- Really well built bit of kit that delivers fantastic water pressure without needing pumping or batteries.
- The pressure goes up to 65psi and it will hold for up to a month.
- We’d prefer to shower a little longer but you should be able to get 3-6 minutes.
- It uses a standard shower hose head so it’s straightforward to get a replacement if ever required.
- This is the RinseKit Plus option which means you can get warm water.
- It comes with a kitchen tap adapter and the box is insulated.
- The box is the shape of a coolbox and holds nine litres.
Foot Pump Camp Shower (Dr. Prepare)
- If you’re happy with a foot pump function then this is a good option.
- It holds a good amount of water, 15 litres.
- Very easy to use and folds down so it takes up hardly any room.
- Unless you have a separate heat source then the only way you’ll have a hot shower with this one is if there is sun – it heats up the water hanging in the bag.
Solar Camping Shower (Qdreclod)
- A solid choice if you’re looking for a solar camping shower.
- The capacity is big! (20 litres) which means you can shower for approx 8 minutes.
- This depends on the intensity of the sun but around 3 hours of sunshine can raise the water from 15 C to 45 C.
- Or you can simply fill it with warm water. The black bag means the water will retain its temperature quite well.
- It’s not the biggest shower head so the amount of water coming out isn’t amazing but it’s satisfactory for most camping needs.
- It’s super lightweight and easy to carry.
Pocket Shower for Camping (Sea To Summit)
- As far as hanging bag showers go this is another good choice.
- The main task is finding a good place to hang it.
- The main benefit of this option is its size – it’s tiny!
- It holds a decent amount of water at 10 litres.
- The shower head is built in directly into the bag.
Outdoor portable Shower (Laserbeak)
- Another alternative to the Colapz it’s very well reviewed with decent pressure and powerful battery.
- If you use a 50 litre bucket you should be able to shower for over 10 minutes.
Risepro Portable Camping Shower
- A decent alternative to the Colapz, cheaper but not quite as good.
- Holds up 10 litres and around 5 minutes shower time.
- You might recognise this brand from your garden hose purchases.
- It’s effectively a power option from your normal garden sprayer.
- It holds 7 litres and delivers three minutes of spray.
- The pressure is created through hand pressure.
- It’s not going to give you a real deep clean but should be perfectly fine for a freshen up.
- And it’s a very good option if you’re looking to wash the dog or clean off your shoes/surfboards etc after a trip to the beach.
Today’s Top Deals & Bestsellers
Camping Buyer’s Guides
Help ease your shopping wit our in-depth buying guides for your next camping purchase.
Your Camping Checklist
There’s something you always forget when packing for a camping trip. Use our handy camping checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything important.
Get more out of your next adventure in the great outdoors with these 24 brilliant camping hacks.
Discover The Best Camping Shops (Compare & Save)
Here’s a list of the best camping shops in the UK with links to any of their current sales and clearance sections.
We often recommend Amazon UK for camping gear because their returns are usually trouble-free and the range is huge. But we also suggest you shop around for the best product range and price, you may pick up a discount on one of the links below!
Check our in-depth guide to the best camping stores.